Jonathan D. Jones hasn’t looked the same since the OSP fight

Fatback96

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
You can say whatever reasoning you want as to why this happened, but it did. Ever since Jones came back from that layoff and fought OSP, he was never the same dynamic, creative, physical, athletic fighter that he was before.

Let’s look back at his fights:

Jones vs DC 1-Jones outsmarted DC, was more physical, outwrestled him, was aggressive, and beat DC convincingly in vintage Jon Jones fashion.

Jones vs OSP-Jones looking tentative, less aggressive, still physical and dominant, but not the same way.

Jones vs DC 2: Jones lost most of the rounds, looking less physical, probably losing a decision, still gets the headkick KO

Jones vs Gustafsson 2: Jones looking passive, but winning the rounds. Gustafsson was past prime here. Jones wins by TKO with a good gameplan.

Jones vs Smith: Jones looking super passive, winning most of the rounds, but definitely not in the same way he used to.

Jones vs Santos: Close fight, with Jones fighting very passively even when he knew he needed to win the last rounds of finish. Didn’t go for the kill, even when Santos had an injured leg.

Jones vs Reyes: Close fight where Jones fought passively, even knowing he might lose the decision. Reyes was fatigued in the later rounds, and Jones chooses to coast to a decision.

He’s still “winning” these days, so maybe he knows something we don’t.
<Fedor23>
Not sure why this happened, I just noticed it when it happened and Jones hasn’t changed since.

Like many people said, he looked bored !
Fighting to avoid damage I guess

Jones the GOAT point fighter..

Disagree with that, he looked good in the DC fight and I had him up 2 rounds before the KO and he dominated the Gus rematch

However ever since the whole Picograms shit he's declined. Since then he look disinterested against Smith and almost lost by DQ, almost lost to a MW on one leg and got saved by the judges against Reyes

He definitely coasted through the Smith and Santos fights, last night not so much. I do believe Reyes should have got the nod last night but Jon did everything he could to win in the later rounds.

Since the OSP fight? He then went on to stop DC and Gustaffson. Afterwards you can make the case, but not when he gets two stoppages of guys who took him the distance.

Back