Jonathan Brookins pushed too fast

If you compare his fight with Aldo to this one with Poirier, he hasn't really progressed much. It's hard to build up fighters like that. He isn't bad though, but mid-level.

Honestly, he has progressed a lot since that fight, that's almost disrespectful. But he is still not better than the top 8~ FWs at least.

Honestly, he has progressed a lot since that fight, that's almost disrespectful. But he is still not better than the top 8~ FWs at least.

Where do you see improvement? Just curious.

he had a decent resume before the UFC....still needs some work with a new camp.....he can take a punch ,,but shouldnt have to....he has great throws and a heavy top game....Dustin is a higher ranked for Brookins,, Brookins should be beating up some fellow tuf guys...

They need to stop doing this with him (random example):

Brookins vs. (worst guy on roster)

Brookins vs. Koch/Oliveira/Poirier

There's no middle ground for him. Most guys get a slight step-up, he always gets a bit of a killer after whipping an entry level guy.

He's got talent, but anyone else think he lacks heart? That's twice he seems to have just given the submission up, may have been dazed but he seems to fold under pressure.
I mean, he fought through adversity against Michael Johnson to get the win on the finale, so it can't be all that bad. I think he's just been matched against guys way above his skill level at this point. I agree it's really weird what they're doing with him, giving him Koch right out of the gate, then Rocha, then Aloe Vera and Poirier. That's 2 top 10 guys in his first 4 fights after the finale.

Brookins is an enigma as far as fans and judging goes. I feel he CLEARLY lost the finale of TUF but the judges (known for their consistent and accurate scoring :eek:) gave him the win, yet the fans never seem to talk about this. Johnson hit him clean and hard over and over and Brookins wrestled him. It was telling from day one, everyone has been saying that Brookins needs to shore up his striking defense. He hasn't done this, and I think between the two Johnson will have a much more successful career. I would love to see a rematch between the two at either weight class.

Back