Jonathan Brookins is an impressive dude, will become a contender

hey TS you must have missed his last couple of fights.

the only reason dustin didnt end it faster is because he looked a little rusted from not being active for so long.

Brookins doesnt have a glass chin...but I'd say his recovery time>chin

Errr...no. And Mendes? Errr...no. Mendes needs better competition than he's been facing, not more of the same.

as far as he knows his limits, and sticks to gameplan

The guy needs to go compete in Boxing for a while to get rid of that horrible habit of leaving his head straight up in the air and having his chin way out there.

Kampmann gets tagged and nearly KO'd in every fight due to how bad his striking defence is, yet many people consider him a contender.

Not saying you're wrong, just a thought.

One similarity between the two.

Kampmann has more diverse striking, more powerful striking, is a better wrestler, has much better grappling, more experienced etc.

Those factors might have made a difference.

"will" become a contender?
i would change "will" to "may have a chance".
he lost a fight just 4 days ago.... and he is on a 2 fight losing streak, one of them against poirier who is barely in top 10.

I agree with you TS.
People in this sport give up on young fighters too early, and don't know how to evaluate talent.

I expect Brookins to become at least a fringe contender somewhere down the line, he's relatively young, relatively inexperienced and still improving. Erik Koch, Aldo, Porier and Aloe Vera are not bad guys to lose to.

Only thing I disagree on is the Mendes point.

Dudes been finished by....umm..aldo...oliviera....and porier. Oh shit! He must suck!

Fuck you guys, war brookins. He should keep training at tristar and he will become a contender.

Training at Tristar is about as magical as training at the lions den, team punishment, or miletich.

Brookins is always improving and has one of the best chins in the division, plus he hits hard. I think well see him rise to the top of the division at some point in the near future. I'd like to see him get a tune up against Meza and then maybe fight somebody like Dennis Siver or maybe Mendes (but I think he's above Mendes at this point in terms of having faced stiffer compettion )

Thoughts?

"has one of the best chins in the division".....????? based on what ?

He has fought 2 top 145ers and was dominated in both....He didn't even come to fight in the Koch fight(unless he was that scared to fight him). He, at least, came to fight against Dustin and the better fighter obviously won.

At 145, Brookins will rise TO THE MIDDLE OF THE division.There- I fixed for U

I'm a big fan of Brookins but the the guy hasn't improved at all since TUF, I have no idea what he is doing as far as training goes

shit i went into watching that fight thinking he was going to get crushed and when he came out and caught porier i thought i was in for an upset. i like his attitute in and out of the cage. and have supported him sence tuf. hope he does well.

I really like his attitude but IMO, and like someone else mentioned, he either hasn't improved since TUF or he just really shines against middle to low scale competition because he looked fantastic on the show.

Not a fan of his stand-up at all but if he polishes that up he should do fairly well. IMO he has above average wrestling and jitz.

"will" become a contender?
i would change "will" to "may have a chance".
he lost a fight just 4 days ago.... and he is on a 2 fight losing streak, one of them against poirier who is barely in top 10.

Dustin is fucking bad ass...Barely top 10 in which made up stupid rankings? Who cares?

Man the hate in some of these posts in ridiculous. Did he slice up your family or what?

He's faced a murderer's row. Has been given the Akiyama treatment of "you lose and fight someone tougher up until your title shot at HW" so far. Started off with Aldo and then later on Koch in the UFC for crying out loud. Give him a much needed step down to get back on track. He will only improve with time.

no....Brookins has a good chin and decent wrestling/grappling, but as soon as he'll face a guy with good striking and TDD, he will be on the wrong side of a severe beating.

TS wants to see this train wreck happen again?

aldo_display_image.jpg

Back