Jonathan Brookins article on MMA hiatus

Brookins obviously has other things on his mind. Call it hippy bullshit and a cliche but from experience, nothing beats world travel on your own when it comes to drilling down to your core and finding out exactly what you want from life. Judging on his past couple of losses, he might not return to fighting IMO.

never thought much of him. good luck to him though.

Even when I watched him win TUF, I was pretty sure that he wasn't a "fighter." He didn't seem to have the mind set and/or the stomach for professional MMA (that's not necessarily a bad thing.) He appears to be an intelligent dude, but he's got a lot to learn about life and how the world works. The only people I've ever known to go on vision quests turned out to be running away from their problems.

Depressed sucka. Sounds like he has problems with depression, intelligently investing his money, and defending chokes. Good luck hopefully he doesn't disapear in India.

this is a lame post.

dude seems like a good guy, who just needs some time to 'find himself'....

everyone goes through it at some point....

when it's your turn, please remember to look in the mirror and call yourself a sucka too.

He always showed a really good fight IQ and was technically pretty sound, and he seems to get better each fight, but I think regardless he is just a mid-tier fighter.

He gets props for almost always putting on an exciting fight, he never lacked in excitement or effort and I always enjoyed watching him.

Goes to india, comes back and steam rolls the division.

Brookins seems like a good guy, his mentality and perspective were refreshing on TUF.

All the judgments aside, he just hasn't found himself yet. You aren't any good at whatever you want to do until you know what that is.

I hope he finds himself and I wish him luck.

Back