Jonathan Brookins article on MMA hiatus

That was a good read. Fighters rarely open up about their fighting mentality like that.

Depressed sucka. Sounds like he has problems with depression, intelligently investing his money, and defending chokes. Good luck hopefully he doesn't disapear in India.

'lost his house in Orlando" so we called him at his "house in Orlando." Which is it? He couldn't have lost it and still kept it.

Depressed? I don't think so, actually I think he's rather happy.
He just wants something else for his life, a meaning probably.

He didn't fit in mma, that's it really.

I wish the kid the best of luck, I'd like to tell him to not drink any tap water once there, he'll spray shit for weeks like I did and many others before me.
But I guess that's part of the experience...

Depressed sucka. Sounds like he has problems with depression, intelligently investing his money, and defending chokes. Good luck hopefully he doesn't disapear in India.

He sounds like a free soul that doesnt want to be held down by his current existance

Spaceshot. Get outta here with that tree-hugging hippie crap.

The kid (Poirier) walks up to me after the weigh-ins and gets in my face and says, “I want it more than you.” All tough guy: “I want it more than you, bro.”

I was like, “What the fuck? How does this kid know he wanted it more than me?” It was an interesting thing to say but it was really true.

It was the weirdest true shit-talking I’d ever heard in my life. Usually people just talk shit and you’ve got a rebuttal. That was the first time it really made me think.

Spaceshot. Get outta here with that tree-hugging hippie crap.

tumblr_inline_mf9bxlKFDv1r5g2cp.gif

losses suck. wasnt ever impressed with him

hope he finds what he wants to do

He just wants to get stoned.

This is eerily similar to what former NFL player Ricky Williams of the Miami Dolphins did.

Shit's dumb, what the fuck is he going to find in India? Nothing worse than some self-righteous,globetrotting hippie trained in martial arts. He wants to be a ninja, that's what's going on here.When I get high I try to make no decisions larger than where to get food at, not move to fucking India.

So in summation....

I wish him well, and maybe he'll come back renewed and rejuvenated.

We're gonna pick on his hippie crap, but I'll shit myself if he comes back in a couple years and goes all dhalsim on people's asses.

Back