Jon Stewart Moderator Of A Democratic Debate?

we just had fox news moderate a debate with a flashy, almost hunger-games sort of aesthetic so from the point of view of getting viewers for a democratic debate it makes sense. but will the candidates agree to that, knowing he is liable to really push for clarity and concreteness on some issues when candidates often prefer to be oblique? not sure how i feel about making politics part of entertainment, but that's already basically happened, so why not take things to their logical conclusion.

As long as he's moderating a Democrat debate, I'd have zero problem with it.

Having him do a Republican debate, or general election debate, then my jimmies would be russled.

no, that wouldn't make any sense.

But that would show the absurdity of the candidates. Republicans quoting the bible to explain climate change, and watching democrats explain how another tax on the middle class and poor would magically fix the environment.

Instead, we have softball questions

Democrats want to tax the middle class? That's a new one.

Democrats want to tax the middle class? That's a new one.

They want to tax the big companies, and those companies wont allow their profits to take a hit. So, they'll just increase their the cost of the product. Thus, making the middle class and poor pay for the new tax.

Just look at tobacco. A pack of cigs used to cost like 3 bucks, but with increased taxation of tobacco, that same pack cost 7 bucks. The middle class and poor end up paying for it.

They want to tax the big companies, and those companies wont allow their profits to take a hit. So, they'll just increase their the cost of the product. Thus, making the middle class and poor pay for the new tax.

Just look at tobacco. A pack of cigs used to cost like 3 bucks, but with increased taxation of tobacco, that same pack cost 7 bucks. The middle class and poor end up paying for it.

Companies cannot charge whatever they want, lets put a permanent end to that myth (of course if customers are willing to pay more, they would have already increased their prices).

Tobacco is a pretty bad example because the goal was to reduce the number of smokers.

Companies cannot charge whatever they want, lets put a permanent end to that myth (of course if customers are willing to pay more, they would have already increased their prices).

Tobacco is a pretty bad example because the goal was to reduce the number of smokers.

What law says companies cannot price theur product or service however they see fit, and how did the tobacco industry get away with increasing their prices?
Tobacco is a good example. The reason for the tax has nothing to do with my point. They taxed tobacco, and tobacco increased their prices accordingly. The example stands.

Back