Jon Jones' wrestling coach/trainer

mental mickey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't want this turn into a Mystic Meg prediction thread, so please try to refrain from the usual " Cormier's gonna destroy Jon " or " Bones will easily wreck Cormier " if possible.

My question, as you have probably gathered from the title, is, who is Jon Jone's wrestling coach? And has there been any word on him bringing in the highest level, current or former wrestlers, as training partners?

I ask this as Cormier was very deliberate in showing that Olympic gold medalist and multiple world champion, Khadzhimurat Gatsalov, has been involved in his training for this fight.

Jones on the other hand, as far as I am aware, has not disclosed any information as to what he is doing or who he has been training with to try and negate what is Cormier's clear and obvious threat, his wrestling.

Through out the build up to this fight there's been near enough zero footage of Jones wrestling or grappling, which is understandable.

We know JJ is methodical and has the resources to train with anybody he chooses.. So does anybody know who?

i saw that jones had brought in an olypmic gold medalist for this camp

I don't want this turn into a Mystic Meg prediction thread, so please try to refrain from the usual " Cormier's gonna destroy Jon " or " Bones will easily wreck Cormier " if possible.

My question, as you have probably gathered from the title, is, who is Jon Jone's wrestling coach? And has there been any word on him bringing in the highest level, current or former wrestlers, as training partners?

I ask this as Cormier was very deliberate in showing that Olympic gold medalist and multiple world champion, Khadzhimurat Gatsalov, has been involved in his training for this fight.

Jones on the other hand, as far as I am aware, has not disclosed any information as to what he is doing or who he has been training with to try and negate what is Cormier's clear and obvious threat, his wrestling.

Through out the build up to this fight there's been near enough zero footage of Jones wrestling or grappling, which is understandable.

We know JJ is methodical and has the resources to train with anybody he chooses.. So does anybody know who?

Don't know who his coach is, but DC is going to school him.

As i know Jones didnt train with golden medalist,Ed Ruth was with him 3x NCAA D1 Champion who failed at World Championship 2014. Big talent but needs a lot of work

Jones trained heavily with Ed Ruth, who is a monster. He posted a couple of other guys in his Instagram but I can't recall their names. His training was top notch, he'll be well prepared.

Jones trained heavily with Ed Ruth, who is a monster. He posted a couple of other guys in his Instagram but I can't recall their names. His training was top notch, he'll be well prepared.

It wont be enough.

It wont be enough.

Jones doesn't have to win a wrestling match, only wrestle well enough to limit takedows/get back up - which he can/will certainly do. You can't sleep on Jones' wrestling talent.

My prediction, Jones wrestles well enough to largely keep it standing until the third when Cormier gasses from the pace he is going to try and keep (plus eating Jones strikes when trying to get in). Jones then wins by slicing DCs face to ribbons with elbows until DC folds. It'll be bloody and Jones will again walk away with the belt - too many paths to victory.

Back