Jon Jones will turn 33 In July

MMA fans are uneducated and don’t have a clear perspective on “primes” due to the fact there’s been champions in their mid to late 30’s in the UFC.

Newsflash : those late bloomers where using steroids or had minimal fights in their younger years

An athletes prime is from age 20-30. The best being 25-30 when experience should match their physicality. The body starts to decline by age 30.

If MMA had a awesome pipeline of amateurs coming out after high school/college years (like you do for most major sports) you would never see a mid 30 year old or above champion.

Also you forget to mention that he fights at 205, which is way harder than 170. The higher the weight class, the shorter the career.
giphy.gif

Yeah, tell that to the HW division. The land of 40 year olds in the top 15

That’s just not how it works. Fight IQ likely isn’t as important as physical attributes and abilities. Fedor got wrecked as soon as he hit 33. GSP retired younger than that I think after getting clobberknockered by Hendricks, Jose got slept by Conor age under 30 and hasn’t been the same since. All GOATS, all declined at or below jons age.
True but I think those guys took more damage through out their careers. Jon has done a pretty good job of avoiding taking big strikes and even avoided any real bad injuries.

A lot of the other GOATs have been in some real wars, or had some bad injuries.

It's hard to say when a fighter will peak but I always thought Jon peak would be from 30 ish to 35 ish.

I think we are all starting to realize that

Conor McGregor is the G.O.A.T.

It's age/fight years AND no steroids. A brutal combination, ask Vitor and so many others

I'm a huge Jones fan but it's clear he's going to lose in the near future, his best days are behind him

It'd be great if he retired now to piss off his haters by retiring pretty much undefeated and not giving Reyes another chance

Jones is the Floyd Mayweather of MMA

giphy.gif

Yeah, tell that to the HW division. The land of 40 year olds in the top 15
What is the most title defenses in HW? 3. That indicates that the prime of a fighter in heavyweight is shorter than the guys in the lower weight classes. Take Cain for example, he only had a 4 year prime along with JDS. The guys in HW are older because they still can get away with KO power despite their age.

He’s been exonerated from the usage of PEDs found in his system repeatedly from the usage of PEDs in which he did not take.
So I agree.
There’s my boy! It’s hard to be on the JBJ side of things lately: Serious question: Why is he not so beast mode now?

True but I think those guys took more damage through out their careers. Jon has done a pretty good job of avoiding taking big strikes and even avoided any real bad injuries.

A lot of the other GOATs have been in some real wars, or had some bad injuries.

It's hard to say when a fighter will peak but I always thought Jon peak would be from 30 ish to 35 ish.
Jon nearly had his arm broken, his toe snapped off and was hospitalised after his world war 3 (Gustafsson). He has been through it and add 14 championship training camps and fights.

Jon has peaked physically no doubt (as he should at this age). Not saying he still won’t have glory as he likely will, but he isn’t the same and that is evident and comparable to other GOATS, is normal.

Not trying to be an arguementive cunt by the way, I acknowledge and accept your point of view.

He took PED's so no one can say how much he "inclined" or "declined". One thing for certain is that he is not as good as his false record and fraudulent "accomplishments" will lead one to believe.
He'll always be recognized as a cheater and his record is forever nullified. He's been busted numerous times.
24 yr old jon jones fought monsters before usada.so u mean he fought those innocent guys like rashad rampage machida and rua haha..

Lmao.he also beat dc and gus Clean

Thats a fact

24 yr old jon jones fought monsters before usada.so u mean he fought those innocent guys like rashad rampage machida and rua haha..

Lmao.he also beat dc and gus Clean

Thats a fact
Once a cheater, forever a cheater. It's entirely right to extrapolate that he's never been clean. He's been busted numerous times now. The entire MMA world will view him as nothing but a cowardly cheat and his record will forever be nullified in the eyes of true MMA fans.

I would say milage instead age, 33 is not old for a prime athlete but Jones have been in the top for way too many years now

Once a cheater, forever a cheater. It's entirely right to extrapolate that he's never been clean. He's been busted numerous times now. The entire MMA world will view him as nothing but a cowardly cheat and his record will forever be nullified in the eyes of true MMA fans.
He only cheated twice against dc and gus and he also won against them clean

Facts

Hes been fighting for nearly 13 years.

People bring up PED's as the reason for his slight decline

But hes just getting older

His skills are still there, fight iq, instincts, experience.

The body just doesnt respond the same way it once did. Hes much slower. That isn't juice related, its age

Its said high level athletes only have a short window of performing at their absolute best and i think that window has passed for Jonathan
People here don’t understand fight miles, wear and tear and mental burnout. It’s too difficult of a concept apparently.

You will get some idiots saying “well Jared Cannonier is 35 and is in his prime so Jones should be too”

For reference, when Shogun reached 35, he was closer to 50 due to his fight miles and injuries. Jones is mentally drained and seems content on doing just enough to win.

Brian Ortega as well?

He took PED's so no one can say how much he "inclined" or "declined". One thing for certain is that he is not as good as his false record and fraudulent "accomplishments" will lead one to believe.
He'll always be recognized as a cheater and his record is forever nullified. He's been busted numerous times.
u mad bro

u mad bro
Yes, I'm mad at the fact that this cheater is a cancerous blemish to the sport of MMA and is ruining the sport's integrity. But, I'm also not mad because cheaters never prosper and this fraud will always be viewed as a bonafide cheater.

There’s my boy! It’s hard to be on the JBJ side of things lately: Serious question: Why is he not so beast mode now?
That’s what I’m saying. The guy is no doubt gifted but god damn if this isn’t so obvious to everyone but his biggest huggers.

Back