Media Jon Jones weighs 240 pounds and looks monstrous

let's see if his agility, cardio and speed is affected

jones isn't a heavy hitter, so we don't know becoming this jacked can actually hinder his strength

Everyone keeps saying he isn't a heavy hitter yet i wince more when I see his shots land on his opponents than practically any other fighter.
He hurts people bad. Cripples them in the Octagon. I'd rather be knocked out than receive punishment from Jones.......

I bet most of those are touched up with Photoshop and angles.

lets see how good his cardio is at that weight he isnt used to competing at that weight and it will make a difference for sure. It will take time for him to adapt to it. Its not like he has 1 punch ko power. I think hes going to get his clock cleaned at HW
Hopefully that's why he's saying it will be a few months before he's ready.

I guess we'll find out, if he doesn't get suspended for something.

Dat der celltech gains of peace

So he finally decided to fill his frame at 32 years old? So he's been fighting in a lower weight class all these years?

Does anyone know what his situation with the UFC is anyway? Didn't he have a fallout with Dana to the extent that he wanted to quit?

No matter how much he is juicing he did not gain 22lbs of muscle in less than a year. That is ridiculous
I see reading are not your thing. I never stated that.
Bruh, 22 lbs of pure muscle isn't just "a lot", its nearly a lifetime of lifting for many natty people. Jones has not put on 22lbs since his last LHW fight. 5lbs at the most with the rest being fat, water weight, and blood volume.
Bruh....

I didn’t say that he had put on 22 fucking pounds of pure muscles. I was trolling a guy for putting kg instead of lbs.

Do you understand me bruuuh?

You mean the guy that won 90% of his fights that were not gifted decisions by being bigger than his opponent in a weight class way to small for him?

Lets see how he does against the likes of Stipe, Ngannou, Overeem & co, even Rothwell will probably slap him about.

that's not his walkaround weight though. Probably just what he weighs after hydrating
Why are you talking like you didn't previously bring up the notion that Jones cuts a lot of weight to make 205 lbs?

Wouldn't 240 be close to his natural weight anyway? I imagine he cuts a lot of weight to make 205
Jones does a 7.7% weight cut (10% is average), so no, he does not cut a lot of weight to make 205 lbs, which is why 240 lbs is nowhere near his natural fight weight.

Walk around weight is irrelevant as it pertains to being fight-ready; Chris Weidman, for example, would balloon up to 220 lbs when he wasn't fighting, but that doesn't mean it's his natural weight for fighting.

Jones' walk around weight was 238 lbs when he grappled Henderson, but he looked out of shape (hence why walk around weight =/= natural fight weight).
maxresdefault.jpg

His chin looks small.. doesn’t bode well for Jones. One Ngannou haymaker punch and it looks like it will be lights out.
"His chin looks small"?

Since when does chin size have a corrolation with how good someones chin is? That is the dumbest shit I have read in a long time. Jesus christ.

I see reading are not your thing. I never stated that.

Bruh....

I didn’t say that he had put on 22 fucking pounds of pure muscles. I was trolling a guy for putting kg instead of lbs.

Do you understand me bruuuh?

¿Qué?

Why are you talking like you didn't previously bring up the notion that Jones cuts a lot of weight to make 205 lbs?

Jones does a 7.7% weight cut (10% is average), so no, he does not cut a lot of weight to make 205 lbs, which is why 240 lbs is nowhere near his natural fight weight.

Walk around weight is irrelevant as it pertains to being fight-ready; Chris Weidman, for example, would balloon up to 220 lbs when he wasn't fighting, but that doesn't mean it's his natural weight for fighting.

Jones' walk around weight was 238 lbs when he grappled Henderson, but he looked out of shape (hence why walk around weight =/= natural fight weight).
maxresdefault.jpg

He'll be fine. Steroids help a lot when you go up in weight. He didn't prepare for Henderson like he will for Stipe or N'gannou.

I'm calling it now, 1 embarrassing loss to whoever he fights first, probs a tko along the lines of Weidman and Rockhold when they moved up etc, and he will blame it on personal problems and retire, and dismiss the fact he was always a oversized guy beating up smaller guys padded by even smaller guys made up of middleweights moving up and the ones he couldnt beat up he knew he was going to get a gifted decision no matter what happened in the fight.

lets see how good his cardio is at that weight he isnt used to competing at that weight and it will make a difference for sure. It will take time for him to adapt to it. Its not like he has 1 punch ko power. I think hes going to get his clock cleaned at HW
his bicycle will still be fine

He'll be fine. Steroids help a lot when you go up in weight. He didn't prepare for Henderson like he will for Stipe or N'gannou.
That still doesn't make 240 lbs his natural fighting weight when he has a below average weight cut at Light Heavyweight.

Cardio is gonna be trash, movement will be sluggish as all hell

Both Stipe and Frannie will uppercut him to the moon.

Back