Media Jon Jones weighs 240 pounds and looks monstrous

Meaningless photo.

Reminds me of the Mr Olympia guys who do these pre contest freaky photos with great lighting/angles, then can’t even crack the top five when the contest rolls around.

lets see how good his cardio is at that weight he isnt used to competing at that weight and it will make a difference for sure. It will take time for him to adapt to it. Its not like he has 1 punch ko power. I think hes going to get his clock cleaned at HW
Then again, its not like all these other onepunch KO artists are cardiomachines. I think Bones still has more in the tank than Lewis or Ngannou for example.

Damn I cant wait for Jon "Pulse" Jones to lose his HW debut against either Stipe or Big Frank.
I guess the beating he got from Reem wasnt enough to scare him away from the big guys for much longer.

His game is really heavy based on his physical attributes that he posses over those LHWs (be it range or power). He wont have that at HW no matter if he puts on 5 Kilo of muscles or not. Plus his stamina will propably lack. I dont understand why he isnt just staying at his walk around weight.
But yeah last time he loocked like this was shortly before his second fight against Cormier. So hopefully USADA does their jobs for once.

Natural Power > Weight lifting

Voodoo magic > PEDS
483E64E200000578-5275817-Ngannou_poses_with_the_chief_Batie_the_town_in_which_he_was_born-a-19_1516233123837.jpg

Doesn’t matter how big his arms are Ngannou is still going to take his head clean off. Stipe wins a decision.
u do realize nganous mma skills are trash.but yeah if that makes u happy

Ppl acting like most LHW are not ducking HW by weight cutting. Jesus he has couple of kg more of mixed mass and is temporary pumped/bloated up by lifting before taking photo. + its Mr Olympia angle and pose :D

He will be same JJ when he enters ring, probably little heavier, little stronger and that is it. His speed and cardio will mostly be the same, problem is how will his cardio react to damage from guys who weightcut into HW or Stipe.

Stipe is a Nightmare matchup for him. Good boxing with HW-KO Power, solid wrasslin' and Cardio.
Jones will get schooled if he tries to get the HW strap.

Thats really the big issue for me, its not just lack of muscle that meant he lacked power at LHW, he just doesnt have the technique. Added to that Jones hasnt really shown much offencive grappling in recent years which might benefit from more muscle.

Jones bread and butter since his early breakthough has always been his pace and cardio.
tbf DC was pillow fisted at 205 too and you saw what happened in the first stipe fight

so he weigh's 10kg more then he's old walk around weight 230pnds. Wow so amazing such wow <YayKpop>
22 lbs of muscle gain is actually a lot. Or was you just trying to be funny and played yourself?
No matter how much he is juicing he did not gain 22lbs of muscle in less than a year. That is ridiculous

he looks powerlifter ! It is not efficient for a fighter !
I doubt he will be at 240 lbs when he will fight at HW

He looks clean.

It's a long stretch, but could you imagine if Jones somehow wins the HW title ? GOAT discussions won't need to exist anymore, even with suspect PED use he will be way beyond anyone else in terms of accomplishments.

Pretty much, and thats why hes doing it for. I like his chances too the guy absolutely could becomes HW champ so its interesting to see him put on more weight. He needs to build up his skinny chicken legs imo though lol

Personally I think 240 lbs is too heavy for his frame/build and his speed/cardio (main advantage at Heavyweight) is going to suffer as a result.

Wouldn't 240 be close to his natural weight anyway? I imagine he cuts a lot of weight to make 205

Back