Media Jon Jones weighs 240 pounds and looks monstrous

lets see how good his cardio is at that weight he isnt used to competing at that weight and it will make a difference for sure. It will take time for him to adapt to it. Its not like he has 1 punch ko power. I think hes going to get his clock cleaned at HW
He's smart and doing it the right way. He usually walks around at 235 anyway.
He said it on Joe Rogan. And that's when he fought at LHW. So 240 seems like a good weight for him.

Unless he gets knocked out, which could happen to anyone, he beats everyone in that division. Stipe and Ngannou being the only ones debatable.

Last edited:
thats really not massive

this is massive
758d64c8a66c681dd46611be86d79102_crop_north.jpg

He still has a great torso and chicken legs, no training will break that genetic code lol. Anyway, this isn’t a beach body contest... Will this be beneficial for Jones? I would say so , unless his cardio takes a hit.

It's a long stretch, but could you imagine if Jones somehow wins the HW title ? GOAT discussions won't need to exist anymore, even with suspect PED use he will be way beyond anyone else in terms of accomplishments.

Francis Nogroundgame is so overrated on these forums. Got schooled by Stipe and then lost to Derrick Lewis. I dont even like Jon Jones but he would give Francis a lesson just like Stipe did.
i honestly can't understand this narrative i see all the time on this board. Arguably one of the goat heavyweight couldn't finish a pretty novice Ngannou with no ground game in 25 minutes of time and came close to get finished in the first round. Ok that was a clear UD, a great performance by Stipe, but hey it's not like he mopped the floor with Ngannou and finished him in two you have to chill out guys with the school thing.

lets see how good his cardio is at that weight he isnt used to competing at that weight and it will make a difference for sure. It will take time for him to adapt to it. Its not like he has 1 punch ko power. I think hes going to get his clock cleaned at HW
His body is meant for this weight.

He's smart and doing it the right way. He usually walks around at 235 anyway.
He said it on Joe Rogan. And that's when he fought at LHW. So 240 seems like a good weight for him.

Unless he gets knocked out, which could happen to anyone, he beats everyone in that division. Stipe and Ngannou being the only ones debatable.
His chin looks small.. doesn’t bode well for Jones. One Ngannou haymaker punch and it looks like it will be lights out.

Thats really the big issue for me, its not just lack of muscle that meant he lacked power at LHW, he just doesnt have the technique. Added to that Jones hasnt really shown much offencive grappling in recent years which might benefit from more muscle.

Jones bread and butter since his early breakthough has always been his pace and cardio.

It's a long stretch, but could you imagine if Jones somehow wins the HW title ? GOAT discussions won't need to exist anymore, even with suspect PED use he will be way beyond anyone else in terms of accomplishments.

He's always been a HW cutting down to LHW, there's a reason 99% of his LHW opponents look like absolute midgets next to him.

I wonder if Jones at HW will have good punching power, because at LHW he had almost no punching power

Back