Jon Jones weighs 219 3 days before fight

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
So suck it to everyone who says he's far too big for the weight class. 14 pound water cut at light heavyweight is nothing

To put it in perspective, Danny Castillo was 167, 12 pounds over down at the 155 weight class and he's not considered a huge LW at all

Jones still does have toothpicks for legs, but obviously that's never been a detriment to him.

(And damn does Cowboy live the life.)

I train at the same gym as Gus, and seeing him in person gives me a pretty good idea about how big Jon is, and by that assumption Jon is not a HUGE guy, he's tall for sure and pretty athletic, but what separates him from the pack is his movement and how he utilizes his reach ;=)

I train at the same gym as Gus, and seeing him in person gives me a pretty good idea about how big Jon is, and by that assumption Jon is not a HUGE guy, he's tall for sure and pretty athletic, but what separates him from the pack is his movement and how he utilizes his reach ;=)

In what world is a 6'4" 230+ pound man not huge? lol. I mean what makes someone big, do they have to be 7 foot tall or something?

Jones a pretty big upper body. His thin legs enable him to make LHW comfortably. He has the frame though to put on more weight if he chose to.

Jones himself that he would be entering the cage at 227lbs.

Big guys can cut more weight, but their weight is also a lot more prone to fluctuation.

pretty much on target for 205, glad when they show the weights on embedded

he don't need to move up hw, he is a heavyweight who likes to fight small people....and cut to 205

Your opinion is bad, and you should feel bad about yourself for stating it.

If he can make 205 then he is at right weight class. Only haters would argue against it.

Jones isn't too big, he just has a nightmare skill-set for 99% of the division, which is why he is champion.

I think he is also physically stronger than he looks to most guys, but with great technique... he has really good wrestling that is a little different than other guys in the division; much like Sakuraba moved very unorthodox on top of his solid wrestling base.

Still excited to see what he does against DC, DC is scary.

He will walk in close to 230 lbs. That's as big as it gets at lhw

It seems about right - nothing out of the ordinary.

In what world is a 6'4" 230+ pound man not huge? lol. I mean what makes someone big, do they have to be 7 foot tall or something?

Well the average height in Sweden is something like 6'0'' so 6'4'' isn't that big there.

Probably talking about the frame.
There are some giants somewhat common in Scandinavia.

Thickness I guess? Just being taller doesn't give the impression of being bigger. JDS to me is a monster of a man. Only about 10-15 pounds more, but that thickness of chest when standing sideways is what gets it. Someone like Lombard or Palhares would get my rating of huge over some 6'4" athlete

Jones a pretty big upper body. His thin legs enable him to make LHW comfortably. He has the frame though to put on more weight if he chose to.

If Bones didn't skip leg day he would be a heavy weight.

Jones himself that he would be entering the cage at 227lbs.

Big guys can cut more weight, but their weight is also a lot more prone to fluctuation.

this myth about Jon being 216 on fight night is laughable.
People need to learn how weight cutting works, especially the week of specific diet that takes place prior to the water cut .

You realize jones has already been cutting weight right?

Back