Jon Jones: "We are confident in our victory" [After Reviewing Film]

Is Jones full of shit here?

• Total voters
So it sounds like they were not confident he won. If they were they would not have to put out a statement that they are/were confident.

There are really people out there who thought Jon won?

going into the decision I thought Dominick won 3-2 but in the back of mind I just knew there was no way they’d actually give him the fight.

You just it said it yourself.smdh

The hate has blinded you so bad your eyeballs are going to burst...ya goof!

giphy.gif

Does it really even matter what Jon thinks? He won a super close fight that 95% of people thought he lost...it's not like he's gonna come out and say "Yeah, rewatched the fight and I should have lost".

98-of-all-statistics-are-made-up-quote-1.jpg

I think Big John and Josh did a great job of breaking things down in regards to the Reyes vs Jones fight, on Josh's most recent episode of his podcast.

Close fight but Jones was the clear winner. He showed real championship grit in this fight against a very game Reyes.

It was so clear that he had to rewatch it with his coaches until they found some possible way to justify the judges giving him any of the first 3 rounds.
<WellThere>

I would rather believe the pro coaches than sherdoggers.

QFT. Why would anyone pay attention to the huge majority of media scoring who have nothing to gain and fans who watch every card and have nothing to gain from the outcome, when you could just take the word of Jon, his manager, and his coaches who all have a massive personal stake in the outcome and Jon's standing as Jackson's last champion from a team circling the drain? You know they're watching objectively.

That's why I said it's a round that could go either way. I don't think there is any CLEAR winner. I gave it to Jones and I can understand some giving it to Reyes, but I CANNOT understand anyone who says Jones CLEARLY won the round or the fight or that Reyes CLEARLY won the round or the fight.

To me, it was a fight that could have gone either way. At the end of it Reyes was backing up and looking like he was winding down. I don't see handing him the belt unless he clearly won at least 3 rounds.

I do not think Reyes clearly won 3 rounds so I don't think there is reason to hand over a belt. If no inertia - then no momentum. Jon came in the champ and Reyes the challenger. I didn't see anything to make me think either should have left with anything more than they came in with.

I had Jon winning 3 rounds but only two of then decisively.
That is beautifully written. My thoughts exactly I just use hyperbole and shit on the trolls in the process

Not like it was up to him at all. His chain-wrestling attempts were useless against Reyes. And when he did get Reyes down, Reyes got back up instantly. Jones had zero control.
But did he done any wrestling training before fight or his ego game plan was to fight in stand up just like he done vs Texera Gus ...

His corner was anything but sure going into round 5. Jackson was pretty desperate for a finish.
Probably because he was thinking like 95% of us and knew he dropped the first three rounds. He was telling him the right thing and you could see Jones really try and step up in the 5th.

I rewatched the fight yesterday and, like the GSP/Hendricks fight, changed my mind from "absolute robbery" to "hrrrmm". I think we all got so worked up by Reyes having Jones reeling for much of the first three (which we have never seen before), but JJ also did a bit of his usual offense and to be fair the knockdowns were more about him being caught with his feet square and he bounced straight up again.

He won rounds 4 & 5 convincingly, albeit Reyes was still game, just tired. I still would give the fight to Reyes, but I'll give credit where it's due. JJ is tough as hell and has a granite chin. His "play it safe" gameplan for all fights since USADA is starting to backfire on him. There's only so many times you can circle away with your 10 foot arms stretched out to keep distance before good fighters start realising he's open to strikes if you just pressure. Everyone before Reyes and Santos were just too terrified to go there IMO. Plus....USADA ;) JJ wrestling has not been the same, which is easily the most taxing discipline to utilise.

Back