Jon Jones: "We are confident in our victory" [After Reviewing Film]

Is Jones full of shit here?

• Total voters
Nice trolling.But he was outstruck in round 123.He is just lucky he didn’t fight a guy like Reyes early in his career.Instead he fought smaller fighters out of their prime.

I watched it again yesterday for the third time. It’s a great fight. Very close competitive fight. One of those decisions that could go either way. He is the long time champ so he got it.. I’m sure there’s going to be a rematch. The public seems to want it.

Here is proof to help you overcome your biases:

Round 3:
giphy.gif

Round 4:
giphy.gif
In other words. Jones won and you are upset your hero lost? Oh ok, gotcha.

You can show a fighter a video of them getting dominated for 5 rounds and most would still say "I feel like I won that"

Didn’t his coach say he needed a finish at the end? Why would he say that if he knew they had the win?

Jones got fucked in this fight. He got outstruck on the feet, and his wrestling was rendered useless.

Often times, he even turned his back and ran out of harm's way. pfff

Of course him & his entire team are going to say that. I'm sure Reyes & his team say the exact opposite.

The fact that there has been such an uproar at the BS result that he felt the need to even comment on it is telling, as is them not offering an immediate rematch after such a controversial decision.

I watched it again yesterday for the third time. It’s a great fight. Very close competitive fight. One of those decisions that could go either way. He is the long time champ so he got it.. I’m sure there’s going to be a rematch. The public seems to want it.
PERIOD

There are really people out there who thought Jon won? I haven’t talked to one in person yet

going into the decision I thought Dominick won 3-2 but in the back of mind I just knew there was no way they’d actually give him the fight.

If Dom had won I don’t think anyone would be saying Jon got screwed but plenty are saying that Dom did and that is telling
I did. It's clear from my history that I'm not a fan of Jones, but I do admit he's the best.

And I begrudgingly had it 49-46 on fight night for Jones but watched it with volume off the next day and then watched the 2nd round with volume off in addition.

And now I have it 48-47 Jones. I scored each round minute by minute and then made a final decision who to give it to and, in my eyes, Reyes won the 1st and the 3rd rounds.

Admittedly I am a "you have to take it from the champ" type guy so if the round is essentially 50/50 or 51/49 it goes to the champ for me. For me you have to make a case that we should remove the belt and hand it to you and I don't feel Reyes spent enough time making that case when you look at it minute by minute.

But that's just me.

I also believe that scoring should change for many reasons, INCLUDING that the championship rounds should count for more than the first 3 just like in a real fight. In real life nobody gets beat up, and runs backwards for all of the end of a fight but is still considered to have won their fight because they looked good early.

Looking good early shouldn't be grounds to win a fight BUT in Reyes case it would have been (on the current scoring system). However Reyes just didn't do it good enough for LONG ENOUGH in the fight.

He had GREAT moments but they were moments only. Not enough of a theme.

Nice trolling.But he was outstruck in round 123.He is just lucky he didn’t fight a guy like Reyes early in his career.Instead he fought smaller fighters out of their prime.
He was outstruck in rd 2 but I still think he won the round. Being outsruck doesn't mean losing.

There are really people out there who thought Jon won? I haven’t talked to one in person yet

going into the decision I thought Dominick won 3-2 but in the back of mind I just knew there was no way they’d actually give him the fight.

If Dom had won I don’t think anyone would be saying Jon got screwed but plenty are saying that Dom did and that is telling

You don’t think. It’s impossible to tell how people would have reacted, since it didn’t happen. So no, I don’t think it’s very telling at all.

4-1 Reyes.

Jones never once had Reyes in any trouble whatsoever.

Reyes won round 4 and had Jones desperately clinching.

What made him win the round?
Minute by minute I had him losing the first minute where Reyes had a good strike in there. Then he spent 3 minutes backing Reyes up with pressure and leg kicks, then Reyes had probably marginally won the last minute but just marginally.

To me, that doesn't equal a won round for Reyes, and if it does, far from a clear one. I an see if someone gives it to Reyes, but to me you can't beat the champ on the strength of rounds that can go either way.

If round 2 was thee whole fight I feel Jones would have been judged the winner.

Minute by minute I had him losing the first minute where Reyes had a good strike in there. Then he spent 3 minutes backing Reyes up with pressure and leg kicks, then Reyes had probably marginally won the last minute but just marginally.

To me, that doesn't equal a won round for Reyes, and if it does, far from a clear one. I an see if someone gives it to Reyes, but to me you can't beat the champ on the strength of rounds that can go either way.

If round 2 was thee whole fight I feel Jones would have been judged the winner.

What you described doesn’t equal Jones winning the round either? All I got from that is Jones got hit more but backed up Reyes and landed some kicks

I love how so many of you dorks get triggered by Jones.

What you described doesn’t equal Jones winning the round either? All I got from that is Jones got hit more but backed up Reyes and landed some kicks
That's why I said it's a round that could go either way. I don't think there is any CLEAR winner. I gave it to Jones and I can understand some giving it to Reyes, but I CANNOT understand anyone who says Jones CLEARLY won the round or the fight or that Reyes CLEARLY won the round or the fight.

To me, it was a fight that could have gone either way. At the end of it Reyes was backing up and looking like he was winding down. I don't see handing him the belt unless he clearly won at least 3 rounds.

I do not think Reyes clearly won 3 rounds so I don't think there is reason to hand over a belt. If no inertia - then no momentum. Jon came in the champ and Reyes the challenger. I didn't see anything to make me think either should have left with anything more than they came in with.

I had Jon winning 3 rounds but only two of then decisively.

Back