Jon Jones vs Weidman at MW

Why at MW? Easier for Weidman to step up than Jones to go down people already want to ship him of to HW.

No way Jones makes MW, If he could i would say Jones though

Jones would pass out if he had to get to 185

jones is too big for LHW, let alone MW.... these threads seriously........

I don't see Jones making MW, but wouldn't mind seeing them fight at 195.

jones is too big for LHW

He made 205 wearing a fucking pair of pants.

Get out of here with the whole "too big for LHW" bull shit.

Jones would outwrestle Weidman and it would not be competitive.

Weidman wins at MW or LHW in very hard fought wars. He is the best fighter in the world, not Jon. One day everyone will see.

I really do wonder why people ask these questions. In terms of skill sets, Demitrious Johnson would trample every single other belt holder. He's faster, more technical, has good hands and the best cardio. He is also around 125 pounds. So, it doesn't matter. Would Jones beat Weidman, I certainly hope so, the same way I can beat up my 13 year old cousin. Would Jones beat Cain. No, same reason I hope I get beat up if I fight my uncle. There is a reason why we have weight limits. But taking all weight out of context, Jones is one of the best and has shown it. But when people say, what about him vs Cain... Or.... a sumo wrestler... Or, If Spiderman, went up in weight and couldn't throw webs, I mean, Jones right?

Weidman fights 185
Jones 205
Cain 205+
Who they beat in those weights, is why those weight classes were established.

If not, Rickson by armbar.
Lesnar by Dragon punch.
M. Bison by psycho crusher.

Idd, Jones didn't even look drained at all and made 205 with pants. He could probably make catchweight with Weidman. The too big for LHW are so much bullshit. Infact I think Weidman's 185 cut is way worse. Weidman is HUGE for MW.

Jones got a short upperbody, long chicken legs and long arms. Do the math, it is obvious that a body like that is optimal in MMA.

Jones could not make MW.

Jones crushes Weidman at 205.

Jones basically said he could make MW at the post fight press conference last night.

"I had to start eating more to keep my weight UP during camp because I was dropping weight too fast." (then he said something about it being a 'testament to hard work'

-He posted instagram pics of him at 214 I believe, several weeks out from the fight.

He weighed in at 205 with sweat pants on (and shoes I think)

He would definitely have to cut a decent amount of weight but he is a wrestler, he could do it. if he dieted correctly we are talking a 20 pound cut, maybe less. These days plenty of fighters cut more than that.

Idd, Jones didn't even look drained at all and made 205 with pants. He could probably make catchweight with Weidman. The too big for LHW are so much bullshit.

Jones got a short upperbody, long chicken legs and long arms. Do the math, it is obvious that a body like that is optimal in MMA.

Back