Media Jon Jones vs Reyes Round 2 Footage

Any bitch ass loser can post a gif of a legend losing. Who cares about Fedor losing 16 years into his career. Just shows what kind of pieces of garbage there are in the MMA fan community. You dont see boxing fans posting gifs of Ali getting fucked up by Berbick. All you are doing by posting that is demonstrating that you are just a bitch ass piece of garbage who cant accept the fact that Jon Jones is boring and unimpressive without steroids.

Jones>Fedor
ap_bellator_180_mixed_martial_arts_91940877.jpg

<JonesDXSuckIt><JonesDXSuckIt>

Fedor didn’t have people doubt any of his wins when he was in his prime he also wasn’t caught juicing and doesn’t have gyno nips. Jones has had that ass beat 3 times now and it’s starting to show. A few more fights before a Shadface comes for him

33-22 in strikes for Reyes. Jones 0-2 on takedowns.

It wasn't even a close round LOL

Jones did enough to edge it out if you watch it without bias.

Ay, there's the rub. You really think people on here can watch it without bias when 90% of sherdog would probably cheer if Jones dropped dead tomorrow?

Fans view fights through the prism of their emotions then bitch about bad judges. Go figure.

I had jones winning that round. I watched how often he pressed forward and how often his feet were behind the double lines. Reyes did back Jones up as well, but it was a fraction of the round. Neither fighter landed anything significant, but jones was in control a majority of the round

i dont think there is anything Reyes could have done different. He has to get in and out since he's at a 6" reach disadvantage and even longer leg reach disadvantage. So he's always having to back up.

Ay, there's the rub. You really think people on here can watch it without bias when 90% of sherdog would probably cheer if Jones dropped dead tomorrow?

Fans view fights through the prism of their emotions then bitch about bad judges. Go figure.

Agreed but its important to watch it from an objective point of view. Especially when figuring out which fighters are truly the best of the best. I personally dont like Jones and believe he was a past PED user but it doesn't change the fact that he has mad skills. It shows in every fight. Excellent range control, defense, and very high ring IQ. I actually wanted Reyes to win but scored it for 3-2 for Jones. Reyes' biggest mistake was emptying most of his gas tank in the first round and it allowed Jones to be able take the second round, as well as the last two comfortably

Just watched the fight again... You guys must really hate Jones, no way Reyes won that fight... yeah he did better than expected, yeah, he had great takedown defense, but never in that fight was jones in any trouble, most of his flurries missed, he was backing up 90% of the fight... yeah he had round one because of the fake knockdown ie Jones slip, but rounds 2 and 3 were up in the air, not definate Reyes rounds, no way you beat a long reigning champ like Jones by backing up 90% of the fight... JONES WON THAT FIGHT, END OF STORY.. you guys that think Reyes won are RETARDED!

... Reyes' biggest mistake was emptying most of his gas tank in the first round and it allowed Jones to be able take the second round, as well as the last two comfortably

Well, maybe he emptied the tank too quickly. Maybe not. I'd say that his footwork (if not the sometime ineffective flurries) was necessary to at least some degree but the rub is that it was going to gas him faster than PicoMan no matter what. Tough balance to maintain if you ask me. Less Footwork = Less Effective? More Footwork = Less Gas?

The OP needs mouthwash, his breath smells like Jon Jone’s balls

fee1b82c70b8740f94df274a4ff5eb90

Well unless Dominick hit puberty in this fight he at least took some damage.

Scratches from missed eye pokes. Watch the video of the highlights. At no point does Jon not have his fingers outstretched directly towards Doms face.

Reyes landed zero strikes clean in that round except one uppercut. Every other strike Jones evaded or slipped while Jones controlled the octagon, put pressure, landed leg kicks at will, and kept it at his pace. If you don't give it to Jones outright, I think its fair to give Jones the round based on how close it was and how hes the champ.

Most of Reyes strikes landed in the round was in the opening flurries where Jones literally got hit with zero clean punches, it was impressive to see. Considering how close it was from a strike by strike basis, you have to give Jones the round based on octagon control, aggresion, and being the champ. Can't argue with that. Here is the judges scorecards for reference. Two judges who scores 48-47 both gave Jones the second round.

View attachment 725569

Is it just me, or did the Texas athletic commission pre-score the first 2 rounds? Looks like they were typed and the rest was filled out...that's a little fishy. I'm just saying.

Reyes definately won in my eyes, he was circling jones and beating him in his game. While Jones ran away and turned his back to dom in every heated exchange.
clear robbery.
No he wasn't lol

Jesus Christ, how fucking drunk were some of you clowns?

Well, maybe he emptied the tank too quickly. Maybe not. I'd say that his footwork (if not the sometime ineffective flurries) was necessary to at least some degree but the rub is that it was going to gas him faster than PicoMan no matter what. Tough balance to maintain if you ask me. Less Footwork = Less Effective? More Footwork = Less Gas?

The footwork was on point and Reyes showed that he definitely had championship cardio throughout 5 rounds. Against Jones though, you are dealing with a freak of nature and Reyes knew that. I feel as if he was chasing the knockout in the first round after he landed a couple good shots and that might have worked just enough in favor of Jones the next round.

I remember watching the fight with friends, and we all commentated that Reyes definitely looked slower in the 2nd round. So close and Reyes possibly could've taken it but Jones took advantage with leg kicks and octagon control, as well as pressure against the cage. Reyes recovered and took the 3rd round but he was clearly gassed quite a bit more so by the 4th round. Just some humble opinions on the fight, Reyes has a bright future ahead of him for sure

Considering how close it was from a strike by strike basis, you have to give Jones the round based on octagon control, aggression, and being the champ.
Considering it literally doesn't say anything about champions being granted leniency on scoring...

Can't argue with that.]
... one can argue with that... Because it literally does not exist.

source.gif

This is a real sport with real rules, and the Unified Rules do not not state such a rule.

Just watched the fight again... You guys must really hate Jones, no way Reyes won that fight... yeah he did better than expected, yeah, he had great takedown defense, but never in that fight was jones in any trouble, most of his flurries missed, he was backing up 90% of the fight... yeah he had round one because of the fake knockdown ie Jones slip, but rounds 2 and 3 were up in the air, not definate Reyes rounds, no way you beat a long reigning champ like Jones by backing up 90% of the fight... JONES WON THAT FIGHT, END OF STORY.. you guys that think Reyes won are RETARDED!
You’re a dumbass; effective offence(striking and grappling) is the main scoring criteria, octagon control or aggressiveness is only taken into account when there is no striking advantage. In this case, Reyes outstruck Jones for the first three rounds clearly. Both by the total number of sig. strikes landed but by the impact as well. Jones was throwing mostly weak front kicks while Reyes was catching him cleanly with crosses and uppercuts.

Being a long reigning champion(who is a criminal currently on steroids by the way) does not give you extra points in a fight.

I'm almost a Jones hater, and at first ( not actively scoring the fight ) I had Jones winning 2-4-5, but I have to rewatch it. Reyes fought beautifully tho

Back