Media Jon Jones vs Reyes Round 2 Footage

https://mmacore.tv/videos/Jon_Jones_vs_Dominick_Reyes_Full_Fight_UFC_247_Part_3/10341748

For all the people screaming robbery, go watch the round again.. Jon Jones won round 2, Reyes took the first 2 mins and Jones took the rest of the round and ended strong as well. People just read stats and bs numbers to say Reyes won. Watch it again, Jones did enough to edge it out if you watch it without bias. Octagon control, defense, leg kicks, and clean left hook near end to finish round strong. Jones 2, 4, and 5. Not a robbery by any stretch of the imagination. Even if the round was closer, you would have to give it to the defending champ

How can so many people not understand what judging criteria means...

Defense is not part of the judging criteria..and octagon control is only considered after striking and grappling are deemed equal in that order...

Based on that ..reyes won the round..

LEARN WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT FIRST

I called it yesterday.

These threads are bound to pop up more and more. When the first layer of denial peels back and people are able to study film the consensus vote will say Jon Jones is once again the victor.

Jones won 2, 4 and 5. Reyes soundly lost those last two rounds. In a fight that close where just about anything can swing close rounds you might not wanna give two rounds away.

Thats the round that Jones had on his Nikes haha what the actuall hell ts

fee1b82c70b8740f94df274a4ff5eb90

Well unless Dominick hit puberty in this fight he at least took some damage.

those are from eye pokes that missed. Fingernail marks

The majority of the strikes Reyes threw in round two missed. His best strikes were ineffective body strikes outside of a few good kicks, which Jones kept checking at times, and a nice uppercut and a good one, two exiting the round. Jones landed the harder strikes and cracked him a few times with that left. Jones's defense was superb in the second.

Some of you need to rewatch the fight after the fact. It was a lot closer than it seemed initially.

I'll entertain you.

1st minute. Reyes.

He was more active. Landed more shots and harder shots. Flurries Jon while Jon ran away.

2nd minute. Reyes.

Not much happened. Jones moves forward but Reyes is the one throwing and landing more shots.

3rd minute. Reyes.

More of the same. Reyes with a nice uppercut. Jones with a nice hook. Jones moving forward but Reyes throwing and landing more.

4th minute. Jones

They actually both sit in the middle and trade strikes. Jones with a nice jab and leg kicks.

Last minute. Reyes.

Reyes lands that left. Catches Jones with a beautiful counter uppercut and follow up left that stuns him. Then chases Jones down with another combination before the round ends.

The middle parts of the round were close but Reyes certainly did better in the beginning and the end. No question. That was Reyes' round.

Reyes landed zero strikes clean in that round except one uppercut. Every other strike Jones evaded or slipped while Jones controlled the octagon, put pressure, landed leg kicks at will, and kept it at his pace. If you don't give it to Jones outright, I think its fair to give Jones the round based on how close it was and how hes the champ.

Most of Reyes strikes landed in the round was in the opening flurries where Jones literally got hit with zero clean punches, it was impressive to see. Considering how close it was from a strike by strike basis, you have to give Jones the round based on octagon control, aggresion, and being the champ. Can't argue with that. Here is the judges scorecards for reference. Two judges who scores 48-47 both gave Jones the second round.

View attachment 725569

Two of your criteria don't matter unless everything else is dead even, and one is an absolutely ridiculous rule you pulled from your ass.

You should honestly be banned for this post.

Two of your criteria don't matter unless everything else is dead even, and one is an absolutely ridiculous rule you pulled from your ass.

You should honestly be banned for this post.

You obviously don't know shit about mma title fights, thats all I have to say to you

Last edited:
https://mmacore.tv/videos/Jon_Jones_vs_Dominick_Reyes_Full_Fight_UFC_247_Part_3/10341748

For all the people screaming robbery, go watch the round again.. Jon Jones won round 2, Reyes took the first 2 mins and Jones took the rest of the round and ended strong as well. People just read stats and bs numbers to say Reyes won. Watch it again, Jones did enough to edge it out if you watch it without bias. Octagon control, defense, leg kicks, and clean left hook near end to finish round strong. Jones 2, 4, and 5. Not a robbery by any stretch of the imagination. Even if the round was closer, you would have to give it to the defending champ

First 2 reasons are "Octagon control, defense", haven't seen the fight but you just told me he lost.

You obviously don't shit about mma title fights, thats all I have to say to you

Well thought up riposte you clown. Go read the rules and let me know where 'being the champ' comes into the scoring criteria

Yea watching it again, I score that round for Jones. I'm even more convince than before.

But it was ultra close.

the truth it that it is hard for fans to watch and be unbiased due to their hatred for jones. there is a reason that jones won a unanimous decision.

So now you can gain points by blocking a strike instead of not getting hit in the first place?

Back