Jon Jones vs. Prime: Fedor Emelianenko?

Jon Jones vs. Prime: Fedor Emelianenko?

• Jon Jones

• Fedor Emelianenko

Results are only viewable after voting.
Prime Fedor lost to Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo and had issues with guys like Fujita and Arona so this one is a fairly easy call, it's Jon Jones pretty decisively.

The GOAT.

Fedor-Emelianenko.jpg

Prime Fedor lost to Werdum, Bigfoot, and Hendo and had issues with guys like Fujita and Arona so this one is a fairly easy call, it's Jon Jones pretty decisively.

Bigfoot was on a fucking tear. That version of Bigfoot lived up to the name. He'd have walked right through Jones imo.

Fedor would pull that son of a bitch out and beat him over the head with it. WOOOOOAW.

Jones beats him by UD or maybe a late finish in rounds 4/5

Jones obviously lol

Fiodor wouldn't stand a chance, feed him to 50 year old Hendo

Bigfoot was on a fucking tear. That version of Bigfoot lived up to the name. He'd have walked right through Jones imo.
he was definitely dangerous but he was on a 2 fight win streak and was almost ko'd by a lhw / smaller hw his prior fight, and was knocked out his 2 fights after fedor, by smaller hw's.

Maybe if prime Fedor hit the arm-bar that Vitor hit, he'd be able to pull it off. But really I don't see him presenting any more problems for Jones than DC did.

Fedor
Prime Fedor was a great judoka with unorthodox striking
Jon would lose in the clinch and on the ground
Stand up, Fedor would cut the distance with casting punches and catch Jon with CQC strikes, or go for a throw

he was definitely dangerous but he was on a 2 fight win streak and was almost ko'd by a lhw / smaller hw his prior fight, and was knocked out his 2 fights after fedor, by smaller hw's.
Why are you still trying to reason with Fiodor fans. Every guy that beat Fiodor fans was 50-0 and absolutely invencible if you go for wha they say

Stupid question. Prime Fedor was unbeatable. He fucking out struck prime Mirko. And go look at the names Mirko beat in Kickboxing. Fedor by decision

The Fedor that beat roided Mirko in 2005 seemed unstoppable to me on the feet. And I never seen Jones in a ring. I feel like he needs his "space" to make his striking effective and that ring in Pride would have worked against him and Fedor would have gotten around that disadvantage. Also Vitor almost submitted him and Fedor was much faster with his armbars from the guard so I can see that happening too.

Then again if 42 year old Coleman managed to take him down, and keep him there for 10 minutes, then maybe Jones would have beaten him that way. Fedor never had to endure elbows like the ones Jones deliver and it would have ended on a TKO like Pezao almost got on him.

So, it's hard to tell without more information....

Obviously, the majority of people (including myself) want to believe Fedor would win against anyone in his prime but in reality, this is a terrible match for him.

He'd be at a massive reach disadvantage against someone who is faster than him as well (not a giant like HMC or Semmy). He didn't have great takedown defense to begin with and will be facing someone who doesn't have terrible submission defense like Coleman or Randleman. Add in the fact that Fedor cuts extremely easily and he'd be facing the most dangerous elbows in the game, and I fail to see how he wins this fight (LOL @ any high level mma fight ending in an armbar in 2019).

Jones wins this 9/10 times with ease. Hate him all you want but he is the best.

Back