Jon Jones vs Guss esque

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by joec87, Aug 24, 2015.

1. joec87

joec87 Brown Belt

The vibe I'm getting from the Rousey vs Holm match feels very similar. Jon was unstoppable never been tested then Guss comes along with a different style then he had seen before but no one gavehim a chance and he nearly dethroned Jones.

2. Charlie77

Charlie77 Green Belt

The grappling is going to be a difference maker, but Holm has the skills to beat Ronda. No one has ever been able to use distance to avoid Ronda's clinch and Ronda has never faced big time knockout power like Holm possesses in her kicks. Add in the fact that Ronda likes to wade in with her chin exposed and it makes for an interesting opportunity for Holm.

3. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

Cool who doesn't want to see Rousey's face get rearranged by someone's fists? Definitely not me! Hopefully Holm opens a cut right through her mole and it gets removed.

4. joec87

joec87 Brown Belt

Holms is playing it smart too, telling reporters than if Ronda can beat her standing it will solidify Rhonda's status. Playing to Rondas ego but not in the threatening way.

5. SelfSufficient

SelfSufficient A Genuine Soul

Meh, fights like what you are talking about just happen from time to time. IF you would have said you knew Matt Serra was going to beat GSP the first time they met, here or anyone else that was into mma they would have laughed you out of the forum back in the day. There's a lot of underdog fights, Jones Vs Gus was close, if I remember correctly though the majority opinion was that Jones was going to win but not man handle Gus in the first round, Gus had a lot of hype on himself heading into that fight.

It's easy to just throw random names around when they get title shots they don't deserve and say they could be the one that none of us see coming. Holm is okay but she doesn't look like anything but a high level gate keeper to me at the moment. I think Tate or Zingano would kick the crap out of her. So for Ronda to lose in my mind it would have to be a Serra level upset. 99/100 or 999/1000 Ronda wins this handily. This is Ronda vs Bethe 2 but the UFC is trying to market it as better than Ronda Vs Miesha 3. I think the latter would be a bit more competitive even though Tate would most likely lose.

6. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

Its very similar in a way people are overlooking Holm`s TDD.

7. Melas Chasma

Melas Chasma Red Belt

You remember wrong. Gus was something like +700 or +800 underdog and the vast majority of Sherdog were laughing to those few who knew it was going to be a close fight.

8. Bones245n4847

Bones245n4847 Red Belt

Would love for Holm to beat Ronda. Would the judges and the UFC ever give her a decision victory though?

9. Bowerman

Bowerman Banned Banned

Except Ronda isn't well rounded and Holm's striking is at the level of an amateur male.

10. Dart Feld

Dart Feld Steel Belt

I don't think Ronda has the durability to withstand a grueling war let alone turn one around.

11. MEAN357

MEAN357 Pernell Whitaker belt

Holm hasnt adjusted enough to MMA yet, and hasnt looked as good as she did in smaller orgs. She's still green as hell in MMA and Ronda is gonna smash the shit outta her like everyone else she's fought.

I say that objectively, Im far from a ronda nuthugger but she's a beast. Only opponent that interests me is cyborg, and Ronda prolly beats her too.

12. joec87

joec87 Brown Belt

Holly is the tallest fighter and probably the biggest too, Holly is strong.

13. ryun253

ryun253 Black Belt

she fought her first MMA around Rondas debut..
    Holly is getting the Erick Silva treatment too now?

14. barillas

barillas Anti-Marxist Belt

Another lunatic comparing a legendary lhw fight to crappy WMMA, WMMA is b-level

15. barillas

barillas Anti-Marxist Belt

Please explain better your idea on title of the thread, otherwise I wouldn't have entered another shitty WMMA talk thread

16. Bowerman

Bowerman Banned Banned

Huh

17. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

It could very well be, you never know

18. MEAN357

MEAN357 Pernell Whitaker belt

Once Holly starts winning fights decisively again Ill get back on the wagon. Nothing Ive seen from her in the UFC says she'll beat rousey. Early on when she was kicking bitches brains out I was thrilled to see her fight Ronda, but she's still getting the feel for MMA and its obvious watching her pittypat punch people for 3 rounds. NO doubt Rondas biggest weakness is her terrible striking defense but I dont see Holm KOing her with her hands, and any head kick is just gonna end up with her on the ground getting armbarred violently.

Also Erick Silva lost again last night so... Yea Erick Silva treatment sounds about right. Talented young fighter who will have a solid career without ever touching the belt. Yep sounds about right. :icon_chee

19. LouisBolanos

LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

Lol Holly Holm's striking is at the level of amateur males? Are you stupid, blind, or both? There're amateur males with far better striking than Anderson Silva. Go educate yourself on amateur boxing pronto.

20. Indianapolis Jones

Indianapolis Jones Green Gucci Suit Platinum Member

Holm has no chance. This is such a mismatch.