Jon Jones VS Gus & Shawn Jordan's Tattoo

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by robertabooey, Jan 3, 2015.

1. robertabooey

robertabooey White Belt

Just rewatched Jones vs Gus & I hate to say that I changed my opinion. Jones definitely won. It was closer than anybody thought it would be, but Jones was never in any real danger. Pretty sure my dislike for Jones skewed my opinion the first time. Anybody agree?

And more importantly- has anybody seen Shawn Jordan's native American tattoo? It looks like T. Hawk from Street Fighter, but Jordan's nipple makes it look like this big powerful native American has a button penis with some pancake balls. Not sure if he did it on purpose, but it's pretty awesome. I don't know how to post a pic- somebody help me out.

2. Prex32

Prex32 Black Belt

0/10

3. whimsical1

whimsical1 White Belt

I had the same reaction the second time I watched the fight. Whereas while watching it live I thought Gustaffson narrowly won, when I re-watched it recently I thought Jones narrowly won it. I think the difference was that, going into the fight, I thought Gus had no realistic shot and would be dominated, so he overshot my expectations, thus swaying my view of the fight at the time.

4. green giant

green giant Honor still means something................

Gus won but it was close. Too close to say either guy was robbed. When they fight again (if) gus will make it more one sided I'm sure.

5. teilatulitooth

teilatulitooth Orange Belt

I would make everyone hate the UFC if I was a judge but Gus vs Jones would be a draw in my eyes.Gsp vs Hendricks would be a draw,condit vs diaz,Hendricks vs Lawler 1 and 2.Can you imagine how much people would hate that?Especially the gamblers.

6. teilatulitooth

teilatulitooth Orange Belt

winner take all final round would be the best solution to tie fights

7. SpiderCrawl

SpiderCrawl Red Belt

Jones won that fight, Gus will win the rematch though.

8. Vegeta12

Vegeta12 Gyarikku Hou

Everytime I watch that fight I see something that changes my opinion of it. I think Gus barely won as of now, but I flip flop almost every time I see it.

In my opinion, a close enough fight for a draw. One of the closest fights I've seen.

9. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Red Belt

Love Gus and hate Jones but have always scored the fight 48-47 Jones

Gus 1& 3
    He wouldve won 4 too had he avoided the one elbow that backed him up

10. m22able7

m22able7 Purple Belt

I just re-watched it a few nights ago and I am even more convinced Gus won. He out landed Jones in the first 3 rounds and landed a huge amount more head shots. He was winning the 4th up until the elbow at around the 40 sec mark in the 4th. Even then Jones did not land enough strikes to win the round, neither was Gus dropped for it to be enough to steal the round. Jones definitely won the 5th even though Gus started strong Jones won that round clearly.

Only way to steal the a round in under a minute, is to drop someone and unleash some ground and pound or even if you don't but really rock them but go off on them with strikes or something, Jones did not do much or enough after hurting Gus in the 4th to steal the round. Keeping in mind that up to that point it was Gus's best round.

11. Kaffebaggel

Kaffebaggel Green Belt

Yeah, sombody help TS out

12. estranged

estranged Black Belt

Gus never placed the Jones loss on his arm

13. Graniteeyed

Graniteeyed How is my avatar actually better than yours?

Seriously? You might wanna check yourself. This is a truly great paragraph. Re-read if necessary.

[​IMG]

The nipple serves as a representation of the indian's loin cloth under which is poking out his peace pipe.

14. robertabooey

robertabooey White Belt

bwaaahahahahahahahahaha!

15. robertabooey

robertabooey White Belt

This exactly. It's like he covered the spread but didn't win. He was a +14 underdog and lost by 3.