Jon Jones vs Fabricio Werdum

Werdum is getting up there in age, but I think he'd present a lot of problems for Jones. He never fears the TD, is absolutely better on the mat than Jones is, has a good reach, has developed very good striking, is a smart fighter usually, and probably has as many prohibited substances in his system as Jones does. Work a few leg kicks early, force Jones to grapple, pull guard while going for a guillotine or something, and he's got a great chance to take home an arm or a leg

Only way I see JBJ winning is decision in a predominantly striking match

Not sure if Werdum would be able to get it to the ground. Maybe Jones tries to the it there to test himself. If it goes to the ground Werdum subs him

Even in the striking Jones doesnt have a big reach advantage so I could see him getting tagged. No way Jones KOs him

Werdum is getting up there in age, but I think he'd present a lot of problems for Jones. He never fears the TD, is absolutely better on the mat than Jones is, has a good reach, has developed very good striking, is a smart fighter usually, and probably has as many prohibited substances in his system as Jones does. Work a few leg kicks early, force Jones to grapple, pull guard while going for a guillotine or something, and he's got a great chance to take home an arm or a leg
Exactly how I seeit

No versión of Doom takes Jones down to work a sub. Cordeiro Doom makes it interesting on the feet but JJ cardio wins this 8 out of 10 imo

Prime or not, Jones by whatever he wants. Werdum never stood a chance.

2020 Werdum is shot and a ghost of himself so I'd favor Jones. Crazy how people would claim Jones greatness if he beat Werdum next? Won't happen because Jon will not move to HW.

I would anticipate a lot of distance striking by Jones to an advantage, with Werdum having a much bigger than normal "punchers chance" on the ground in terms of getting a quick submission if the fight got to the ground for some reason. I'd have a hard time seeing Jones go there against his will though.

I'd say boring 49-46/48-47/49-46 type decision.

Werdum by submission into jones crying in the octagon

Werdum by submission. Jones beats several HWs. Werdum is not one of them.

Prime Werdum would be interesting. Current Werdum not so much.

Kickboxing match. Goes either way.

Prime Werdume wins easily. Mismatch for for Jones.

Back