Jon Jones vs Fabricio Werdum

Styles make fights and I think werdum actually has one of the best styles to beat jones. He is so aggressive in his striking that he would be able to mount some sort of offense on jones and would have a significant advantage off his back.

~DaViD~

I like this match up but Jones by tko-.master Cordeiro has turned Werdum into a complete fighter but Fabricio would actually be too aggressive and walk into something or countered and lights out.

Depends on how many pictograms Jon is pulsing at

Jones fanboys pretending he doesn't cut weight because he is afraid of HWs.

Considering that Belfort got Jones in a deep arm lock, i could chose Werdum... Ain't no escaping Fabricio submission attempt
Gus gave Jones the toughest fight of his life, of course he has a chance in the rematch!

:rolleyes:

Jones has 7 and a half inches of reach on him, that's a lot. I'd back JJ but he'd be avoiding the ground like the plague that's for sure.
Jones has around 10 inches on everybody.
Jones had 12 inches on DC.
12 inches!
Crazy.

I think Werdum might be big enough to bully Jones to the ground. If he got on top of Jones he would definitely win. That super long, lanky reach would definitely work against him on the ground with a big strong opponent on top of him. Even from his back, Werdum would be seriously dangerous to a guy with Jones' build. Of course if I am wrong and Werdum can't bully him, Jones would win.

Currently Jones runs through him inside 3 rounds. Prior it would be a close fight still in Jones' favor

Right now Jones decisions him all day.
Five years ago I would have been a very interesting fight. I would still take Jones by decision, but I think it's much more competitive.

the same guy who tapped cain out.

werdum is a very well rounded fighter, like jones. but bigger, and better on the ground.

I would pick Werdum. He subbed the best of the best. Also a smart fighter.

If the fight happened right now, Jones would smoke him.

Back