Jon jones vs Daniel cormier

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by cburm, Sep 2, 2018.

1. cburm Purple Belt

Its obvious with jones coming back around november, hes eye balling a heavy weight clash with DC.
    And lets all be honest DC loves himself at hw and would give anything to fight JJ as hw champion.
    After he fights brock his last fight will be JJ at HW. But the best thing about this is I dont see DC retireing after a loss.
    Hes gonna be rematching as much as he can.

2. I don’t think DC wants to fight Jones again. DC knows that he can’t beat Jones imo.

3. Son of Sonnen Brown Belt

<36>

DC is gone by March 20, 2019. He is going to fight end of this year, and Brock before he goes. Jon missed his chance.

4. Dream20 Purple Belt

I don’t think Jones wants to fight DC again. Jones knows that he can’t beat DC clean imo.

5. Njmma209 Banned Banned

What do you mean, “Jon missed his chance”?

Jon already owned DC twice and is forever his pops. The more sensible thing to say would be. “DC has missed his chance to beat the GOAT”

6. sapporo ichiban Black Belt

Cormier will first have to beat Lesnar before this is even a conversation. I do see him beating Lesnar but this is fighting after all.

Jones has Cormiers number it would seem so this would potentially be the easiest path to the hw belt for Jones.

7. ramair455 Purple Belt

its will be a grudge match like Ali/Frazier 3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  8. 20falarVerdades Silver Belt

Missed his chance ... by going 2-0 with one brutal finish

9. C0NCH3TO Gold Belt

They will never fight again and honestly there is no need for a 3 rd fight. Jones got his number, the outcome will be the same.

10. Son of Sonnen Brown Belt

Jon is 1-0 against DC. You don't get credit for a win when you cheated. Pretty positive that if DC had won, Jon's test result still would have resulted in a no contest.

Either way though. DC is the lhw champ and the hw champ and might be the first man in the history of the sport to defend two titles. He is looking at a fight with Brock Lesnarto close out his career.

Meanwhile, Jon is looking at his second USADA suspension in what, 3 years?

Yes, Jon is the one that missed his chance.

11. BoyGeorge Banned Banned

If they do fight for a 3rd time, it will be the biggest grunge match in MMA history.

12. Kryptt Dead Belt

So Brock vs Jones for the HW Championship?

I'm in!

13. Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

{<huh}

Did I miss the news?

14. 20falarVerdades Silver Belt

By your logic DC shouldn't even be the LHW champ because he cheated against Anthony Johnson (towelgate). Real world results is all that matters. Jon Jones beat Danny twice, fair square

15. Hypetrainofthemonth Barbara Palvin

Lol Jon isn't fighting this year.

16. Workaholic Silver Belt

If real world results are all that matters then why are you ignoring that Jones really and officially only beat DC once

1-0-0 (1 NC) is the real world result. You are making just as many excuses as people saying he never beat DC just for a different agenda

17. wigglestick pess de gward Platinum Member

Jon will forever be known as a cheat, whereas dc will be known as the lhw goat that went up to grab the hw belt. Jones fucked up by being to afraid to fight clean. Not even Jones himself will know if he could've won clean

18. cburm Purple Belt

Jon will be cleared november and proven innocent with this said the amount in his system was less than a fraction of anything to even try n help him in a fight to do anything..it clear he musta used brazil or mexican supps that were tainted.

19. Jack Swilling Orange Belt

Bones smokes D.C. 10 out of 10 times. Clean, dirty, whatever. D.C. does not want to endure having his ass kicked again. Will take his payday off Brock's coat-tails and retire. He should wake up every single day and pray that Brock picks him. Whoever Brock picks is winning a lottery. There are only two Golden Tickets, Brock and Conor. Simple deal.

20. Son of Sonnen Brown Belt

I just checked, and I don’t see anywhere that that fight was ruled a no contest nor was anyone disciplined.

Listen, I am not one of those guys that wipes out Jon’s career because he popped twice. What officially happens is what happened. The record books matter.

Jon beat DC once. The second fight was a no contest. Jon and his team scouted DC well and had a weakness and Jon executed. But Jon’s behavior erased it from the books. He deserved a win based on performance. But he cheated, got caught and now it doesn’t exist.