Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier 3 at HW - how does it go?

Jones obliterates the fatter, slower DC.

DC is slow as hell at HW his last two fights. Jones would crush him. DC has a better shot at lhw where he is forced to get in shape. No one actually thinks DC beats Jones. Jones haters will say DC wins at HW, but they don't believe it

DC isn't the man to beat Jon.lol
A good match-up, but isn't the guy. A Gus type with better grappling defense, cardio, and reach utilization. Gus did good the first time, but the TDs just didn't land. When they did the second time, it was over. Someone like Gus... Perhaps an amalgamation of Silva, Gus, and Rockhold to account for the offensive grappling and striking approach of Jon.

DC is slower, sloppier, and possibly has worse cardio at HW. He loses yet again.

Bones Jones would win for a third time. DC doesn't matchup well against Bones bc his length and range.

Many believe Cormier fights better at hw but when it comes to Jones, Jones is better than Cormier everywhere.

The first fight dc won a single round, that was no war at all. Second fight you could give dc the second round but it wasn't clear, and we all know what happened the next round. The fights between them aren't nearly as competitive as people on here make them up to be. Jones is just technically better and knows exactly how to beat dc, both of them being heavier isn't gonna change a thing.
Agree to disagree.... Although the first fight wasn’t really competitive on the scorecards ... I felt it was a war of attrition....both were exhausted in the 5th round .....I certainly would expect Jones to win , but I don’t think it would be easy ..... hopefully we get to find out

My lord. Nobody believe this will look any different than last time. Some Jones haters might say otherwise, but Nobody believes it.

Yeah you little moronic troll.
giphy.gif

Cain has a better chance of getting healthy, making it to the fight and beating Jones than any version of DC.

Now you're stretching things a bit. Reem had him out but foolishly decided to try a choke instead of pounding his face in.
Hey he still didn't go out, and had the wherewithal to survive the choke and recover.

Jones dominant decision. Lol @ the desperation of DC fanboys who think he is magically a different person at HW. He faced a weak chinned Stipe and Derrick Lewis who is easily the least well rounded fighter on the roster and the guy is nearly 40 years old... he didn't dramatically improve overnight. Jones is just better... it is not a shame to be 2nd best even though Cormier sure appears to think so

Faced a weak-chinned Stipe who ate shot after shot from Ngannou

Think Jones wins, DC is pushing 40.

Exactly DC was 35 the first time they got together and he was in the best shape of his life. Now he is 40 with Jones still only 31 and in the prime of his career.

It's a bad style fight for DC every time. Jon's biggest strength is using his reach and controlling distance. DC has most of his troubles when somebody can keep him on the outside and not let him get into pocket punching range. Combine that with Jones prowess in wrestling/clinchwork to at least offset if not best DC and it's just an uphill battle for DC no matter what weight class IMO.

Exactly DC was 35 the first time they got together and he was in the best shape of his life. Now he is 40 with Jones still only 31 and in the prime of his career.

Not sure about that, I think DC is personally better off at HW. But I think at his age he'd got all sorts of injuries and his speed/reflexes won't be there.

Back