Jon Jones vs. Cain Velasquez - who wins? When will Jones start losing?

I think it's unanimous that no fighter in his weight class or Anderson Silva could better Jon Jones - the guy is unstoppable.

Hypothetically, let's assume Jon Jones fights at 230lbs, against Cain Velasquez (240ish), who would win?

Jon Jones would have a considerable height & reach advantage, with Cormier adopting a similar fighting style and frame to Cain. Cain is clearly stronger than DC but it's not that significant, I personally think Jones would also beat Velasquez.

.....are there any other heavyweights which could defeat/cause problems for JJ? ...Werdum? Browne? Hunt? (unlikely)

One More Thing: Cocaine is likely to reduce the length of his career, and many fighters continue fighting well past their peak, will Jon Jones do this? If so, how old do you think he will be before he starts losing?

Before JJ fight with Cormier, I would've picked Cain. Now I'm not so sure. A few advantages that Cain would have over Cormier: Cormier now knows what it's like to fight Jones and can help Cain game plan. And Cain has better cardio. All this being said, I'm still leaning towards Jones. And Cain is my favorite fighter btw.

Cain is bigger and better than Cormier. It's a tough fight but I see Cain winning.

All I hope is that we make it that far

2w4bp7m.jpg

Jones probably loses his next fight. He's shown to be extremely mentally strong and he obviously performs incredibly well under pressure, but all of this is going to become too big of a distraction for anyone to handle. It's going to be very hard for him to keep it all together and still perform at the top of his game.

Gus is probably licking his chops right now.

Cormier is not even close to Cain's level. For 1 round maybe yes, when they sparring yes.
But in a 5 round fight its a complete different story.
Cain is just a freak, his pace his cardio is just ridiculous.

Im curious how you actually think Jones is going to win?

Would love to Jones gain weight and fight werdum/JDS tho.

Jones has never tasted that type of power. He'd be in for a rude awakening. Cain also has the gas tank to push the fight for 5 rounds. In all honesty I don't see it going that long though. I think Cain is able to put Jones on his back and pound him from there.

I actually would give Weidman a decent shot at beating Jones. That would be a very interesting fight. Weidman's striking is underrated, he has good reach, very good wrestling, and is likely the better grappler. That might be the next superfight we see. I don't think Jones wants any of Cain.

Back