Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva (in his prime)

Prime Silva might have a chance if Jones didn't know who he was going into the fight. Given the fact Jon does know who Silva is he wouldn't even allow him the opportunity standing. It would be a murder.

Prime silva is all stand up and nothing nothing else besides maybe one or two submissions from his back in desperate times. As strange as it sounds I think prime silva have a better chance a better chance against 23 year old Jon Jones than the current Jon Jones. The current Jon Jones doesn’t allow himself to get hit very often. I still don’t think Silva could beat either one.

this, as much as I like AS and appreciatte his style, Jones is a terrible matchup. AS can ALWAYS land and win, yeah, but I would definitely pick Jones in like 8 out of 10

Lol

So he let himself get brain damage for 4.5 rounds because he was certain he was going to get a triangle in the last 2 minutes of the fight?

Brain damage by fellow fisted Sonnen...

Smh

Anderson fans are just a joke.

There’s a reason why Anderson ducked Jones. It wouldn’t be competitive

Poor gsp nuthugger...

He has to use actual criticism of his decision duck to criticize someone like Anderson.

Anderson didn’t come up with excuses left nearly right in order to avoid jones

And I am one of those guys that thought the first Chael fight went exactly the way Silva wanted it to. Watch the fight. Silva knew he was going to win the whole time. You can see it in between rounds. That hail mary choke was there the whole damn fight. Ya think he didn't try it before because he forgot BJJ and just remembered it the last round??
So he chose to get the shit beat out of him for 23 minutes before he decided to execute his masterfully planned submission?

Anderson would get mauled. He has good striking but his striking isn't as unorthodox as Jones and on the ground his only shot would be a hail Mary submission. I got Jones taking him down, and finishing him with elbows by the 2nd Round

Weird. Anderson spoke at length on how much better Machida was than himself.

jon_jones_wins_the_chess_match_and_puts_lyoto_machida_to_sleep_at_ufc_.jpg

Here is all you need to know in case anyone is wondering.

ANYONE.....I repeat ANYONE who actually thinks Anderson Silva would stand any type of realistic chance vs Jon Jones at any point in his career is simply living in a fantasy world. Either that, or you simply don't grasp the sport you're watching.

And seriously. Anderson Silva fans are the absolute worst.

I think Andy might give him a tough 1st round like Machida did but Picojon finishes him (likely GnP) in the 2nd or 3rd

And I am one of those guys that thought the first Chael fight went exactly the way Silva wanted it to. Watch the fight. Silva knew he was going to win the whole time. You can see it in between rounds. That hail mary choke was there the whole damn fight. Ya think he didn't try it before because he forgot BJJ and just remembered it the last round??

IMHO, that is a ridiculous proposition...

while plenty of guys will try to withstand an early storm against someone known to be primarily dangerous early, and perhaps try to drag a fight into the later rounds, especially against someone with a suspect gas tank, no one loses 4.5 rounds of a fight because they 'know' they were going to win the whole time. that seems rather absurd.

My problem with this is even prime Anderson on the ground would get smushed by bones. There are prime middle weights (not many) that I'd bet against prime silva.

Poor gsp nuthugger...

He has to use actual criticism of his decision duck to criticize someone like Anderson.

Anderson didn’t come up with excuses left nearly right in order to avoid jones

Truth hurts Anderoid nuthugger

maybe back in the day.

But the jones that beat rampage, Machida, and shogun would stomp andy.

I agree with TS. I wouldn't say he wins 10/10 but prime Silva really did some amazing things and more importantly made some other fighters do some really stupid things. This is one where styles make fights and anyone counting either of them out 100% doesn't understand the sport. Jones wins it 7/10 but to say Anderson would not have a chance is retarded.

Yes he could. People don't want to accept that.

Prime Anderson was near invincible at MW but we are talking about him facing a guy equally if not more dominant a weight class above, and Jones's height/reach is above average for a HW too. I think Anderson could probably survive the distance but he'd lose every round.

I tgink draw is likely in dis fight

2 close to call

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back