Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva (in his prime)

Jones too strong

I doubt many would agree, but Silva matched up well with him in all areas cept wrestling. Jones uses his length to sneak in his strikes but I think prime Andy is going to see them coming and counter. And it is no secret that if Anderson is countering he will likely put your lights out. That said, no one knows how Jones chin is. But it seems pretty good. People talk about GSP Silva all the time but I really think Silva Jones was always the real superfight to make.

And I am one of those guys that thought the first Chael fight went exactly the way Silva wanted it to. Watch the fight. Silva knew he was going to win the whole time. You can see it in between rounds. That hail mary choke was there the whole damn fight. Ya think he didn't try it before because he forgot BJJ and just remembered it the last round??
Man Anderson is my favorite fighter and I hated Jones for a long time but after seeing him intentionally fighting and beating DC in DCs wheelhouse the first fight I could no longer deny he is the best we've ever seen and beats both Andy and Fedor in there prime (my 2 all time favorites).

As for the Chael fight you are only half right. If you watch closely ( I've watched it at least 50 times) Anderson is very conscious of protecting his right side and not doing anything to expose himself up until the final round when he had to make a choice between taking the risk and going out on his shield or losing a decision, like a true champion he made his choice.

You will also notice he actually dropped a postured up Chael with a big punch from his back dazing him enough for Anderson to get the split second he needed to secure the triangle.

Bones fight IQ is sometimes underrated here, but most know how fight smart he really is.

Anderson fans are just a joke.

There’s a reason why Anderson ducked Jones. It wouldn’t be competitive

Man Anderson is my favorite fighter and I hated Jones for a long time but after seeing him intentionally fighting and beating DC in DCs wheelhouse the first fight I could no longer deny he is the best we've ever seen and beats both Andy and Fedor in there prime (my 2 all time favorites).

As for the Chael fight you are only half right. If you watch closely ( I've watched it at least 50 times) Anderson is very conscious of protecting his right side and not doing anything to expose himself up until the final round when he had to make a choice between taking the risk and going out on his shield or losing a decision, like a true champion he made his choice.

You will also notice he actually dropped a postured up Chael with a big punch from his back dazing him enough for Anderson to get the split second he needed to secure the triangle.
If you remember, Chael was ripping on BJJ, and ripping on Silvas team, and Silva actually wore a gi out to that fight. The way it happened is the way it happened, but I still think it was by Silva wanting it that way.

you could've just said Anderson was injured... Chael was juiced to the gills... and the 2nd fight was a curbstomp all of which are facts

and with all of those factors led to him biding his time, waiting for that last round for Chael to get tired or sloppy

but really you think he took 300 punches and threw up that last second triangle that he could have done in the first round as some sort of elaborate way to piss on Chael for his trash talk

I dont know why Anderson fans are so defensive about that fight. It happened, and he still won! Isn't that awesome enough as it is

Lol

So he let himself get brain damage for 4.5 rounds because he was certain he was going to get a triangle in the last 2 minutes of the fight?
OP should have left that out of his argument. When Silva fought Chael the first time, he was 35-year old Silva, not prime Silva, he was already slowing down.

Prime Silva certainly would have a good chance to beat Jones with his elusiveness, reflexes, creativity, and speed combined with precision.

If you remember, Chael was ripping on BJJ, and ripping on Silvas team, and Silva actually wore a gi out to that fight. The way it happened is the way it happened, but I still think it was by Silva wanting it that way.
I like to think that too to an extent but he definitely would have done it earlier if he could have. He was clearly very protective of his right side the whole fight and concerned about exposing it but when the time came and he knew he had to take the risk the heart of a champion came out and he got the job done.

The other thing of not I saw after watching this fight so many times though was in the fourth Chael actually had an arm triangle position fully secured but instead of going for it he used it to get mount instead. I can only imagine that is a big regret of his in hindsight every time he rewatches the fight to relive his most glorious moment, lol.

There's no question, he gets completely dominated by Jones, but
could Anderson beat Ryo Chonan in UFC? I think the cage favors him a little bit, but Chonan had his timing down.

you could've just said Anderson was injured... Chael was juiced to the gills... and the 2nd fight was a curbstomp all of which are facts

and with all of those factors led to him biding his time, waiting for that last round for Chael to get tired or sloppy

but really you think he took 300 punches and threw up that last second triangle that he could have done in the first round as some sort of elaborate way to piss on Chael for his trash talk

I dont know why Anderson fans are so defensive about that fight. It happened, and he still won! Isn't that awesome enough as it is
Its my favorite Silva fight for all those reasons, it showed what a true warrior he was and the heart that made him a legendary champion.

It would have been a great fight. We are used to seeing the great Anderson at MW, I have always believed that he would have been even better at LHW. He had three fights at 205 vs Griffin, Bonnar and Irvin and the fights combined for a total of 8 mins. He had more power at 205.

It would be a chess match between the two and likely end in a decision. Jones is a more active striker so he would rack up points. Andy was more counter striker and picked his shots. I think Jones would land volume while Andersons precision would land the power shots. Safe bet is Jones by decision here. Activity and volume + the occasional take down and top control.

Anderson won't be the only cheating in there now. Really? Lutter and Sonnen were able to hold down Silva. Jones would take him down and feed him elbows all day long.

And I am one of those guys that thought the first Chael fight went exactly the way Silva wanted it to. Watch the fight. Silva knew he was going to win the whole time. You can see it in between rounds. That hail mary choke was there the whole damn fight. Ya think he didn't try it before because he forgot BJJ and just remembered it the last round??

1. Chael beat him in stand-up too.
2. Why would someone do this? Why? Also, what reaction are you hoping to get out of this?

Prime Silva vs. Jon Jones could be very interesting kickboxing match, but in MMA terms Jones takes him down on will and murders him on the ground.

I believe you're retarded, jones would destroy any version of silva with ease.

Prime silva is all stand up and nothing nothing else besides maybe one or two submissions from his back in desperate times. As strange as it sounds I think prime silva have a better chance a better chance against 23 year old Jon Jones than the current Jon Jones. The current Jon Jones doesn’t allow himself to get hit very often. I still don’t think Silva could beat either one.

It would have been a great fight. We are used to seeing the great Anderson at MW, I have always believed that he would have been even better at LHW. He had three fights at 205 vs Griffin, Bonnar and Irvin and the fights combined for a total of 8 mins. He had more power at 205.

It would be a chess match between the two and likely end in a decision. Jones is a more active striker so he would rack up points. Andy was more counter striker and picked his shots. I think Jones would land volume while Andersons precision would land the power shots. Safe bet is Jones by decision here. Activity and volume + the occasional take down and top control.
{<jordan}
Anderson fanboys are legit retarded

Back