Jon Jones vs Anderson Silva (in his prime)

woloo

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Who wins? Jon Jones knows wrestling and got chin, so I give him a slight advantage. Silva got a better knock out power. Both don't box much.

What do u all think?

I think Jones is probably better than we realize.

They are both drug cheats so I would favor Jones.

Jones by total domination and destruction, it's a total mismatch.

Jones by laying on top of Anderson for 5 rounds. In a standup fight Anderson lights him up like a Christmas tree, a highlight reel.

Jones smashes him. And I'm saying that as someone who hates Jones

Jones by laying on top of Anderson for 5 rounds. In a standup fight Anderson lights him up like a Christmas tree, a highlight reel.
Jones would destroy him in standup as well

Anderson doesn't even have the advantage on the feet. his laid back countering style is a terrible way to fight someone like jones, especially when you're shorter and have way lesser reach than him. Jones would pick silva apart from the distance and Silva wouldn't able to hit him back with a counter. And not to mention, Jones has a massive takedown threat advantage.

Either way... A cheater wins, and a cheater loses. I see no point in the fight. And certainly no point in wasting a single second more thinking about it.

Anderson doesn't even have the advantage on the feet. his laid back countering style is a terrible way to fight someone like jones, especially when you're shorter and have way lesser reach than him. Jones would pick silva apart from the distance and Silva wouldn't able to hit him back with a counter. And not to mention, Jones has a massive takedown threat advantage.

If Jones ever decided to stand, he would get slept

Jon probably wins. Anderson would do well striking but Jones would take him down eventually and win by tko

How does Anderson deal with that reach?

How does Anderson deal with jones calf kicks? or his other unorthodox kicks?

Anderson gets his ass beat in all areas

If Jones ever decided to stand, he would get slept

No he wouldn't
eq0w63yk1dvz.gif

sonnen200.gif

4978835-6606750308-CHAEL.gif

chris-weidman-anderson-silva-knockout-gif.gif

8hnY.gif

53vgkwgcl7fz.gif

Last edited:

Who wins? Jon Jones knows wrestling and got chin, so I give him a slight advantage. Silva got a better knock out power. Both don't box much.

What do u all think?

it a bad night for jon jones.

Jones via murder against any version of Anderson. This doesn't make Anderson "overrated" or any other BS but the fact is that Anderson has been taken down and controlled by far worse MMA wrestlers and has never dealt with the kind of ground and pound Jones is capable of dishing out. Styles make fights and this is a terrible match-up for Anderson.

Jones via TKO Ground and Pound within 3 rounds

Prime Anderson isnt laid back.

Prime Anderson isnt laid back.
He does.. Thats literally his whole style throughout his ufc career. He can't and rarely lead or be the aggressor. Especially against wrestler/grappler

Back