Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson II set for UFC 178 Sept. 27.

TrumanBurbank

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
tumblr_n35fr14IxQ1tw1vhco1_250.gif

In an exclusive interview with UFC President Dana White and UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones, it was announced that the rematch between Jones and number one contender Alexander Gustafsson has been set for September 27th.

After returning from a trip to South America Jones finally had a chance to sit down with White and UFC CEO Lorenzo Fertitta today to talk about his next fight.

"There was never an issue with a contract. I was traveling and finally got to Vegas and got to talk with Dana and Lorezno. We talked and September 27th, I'll be fighting Gustafsson," Jones explained.

"I think Cormier is the tougher fighter, but the fans want to see me fight Gustafsson. There was never an issue with taking the Gustafsson fight," Jones said. "The issue was that my brother is getting married in July and I would have preferred a later date. I didn't want to go this early and i would have preferred to go later in October or November. It is what it is. We have a date now, Sept 27th. This was a personal decision for me. I will be at my brother's wedding and have a proper training camp."

Click the link for more info and more quotes.

http://m.ufc.ca/news/jones-gustafsson-2-sept-27

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes yes yes. dont care who wins but itd be awesome to see Gus fans cry. again.

Great, but what about 177? Think they will try to get Hendricks on that card?

Oh great!

Now all the psychoanalysts can stop whining about Jones ducking and admit that he trolled them while he was negotiating his new contract.

Cool. Whos headlining that ufc 177 card now then?

The Air Canada Centre is officially the home of Jon Jones.

Having been in Montreal during every Toronto card, I CANNOT wait for this fight. If this is indeed the truth, 100% will be buying tickets for my first live fight

Yay, now we finally get to see Jones crack the Swede's head open with elbows and get to watch all the Shertards mope around and cry about it.

bullshit Jones should be fighting Rumble a real challenge, a real man, a real G who would destroy him

Yeah!!!!!

Jones by Submission
icon_sad.gif

Personally I think Diaz wins easily

probably the best boxer in the UFC

And maybe Dana has learned to stop announcing Jones fights before talking to him?

thanks for posting. wow, that's great news. i was really looking forward to the rematch between jones vs gus. can't wait!!

Ufc 177 will be Dillashaw vs Assuncao then.

This is what I've been telling people.

It's too perfect. About a year after their first fight, back in Canada, and it follows Jones Apr./Sept schedule from recent years.

Dana's BS wasn't going to pressure Jones into doing it on any other date.

Back