Jon Jones/Urijah Faber Live Anderson KO Reaction

The silva hate is strong in this thread

Funny reaction though jones tall ass just rises up and takes the whole camera frame looks like he just saw someone get killed in front of him... o w8...

Wow i was so sure Anderson was gonna dismantle Weidman that i didn't even realize how bad Wediamn looked.There's at least 20 times where Anderson could have KO'ed him where he was just standing there in front of him lol

Too bad he decided to joke around and it's a good thing that he payed for it.

Yeah, not like Weidman deflected/avoided every major punch or kick that Silva threw. If Silva could've KOed Weidman at will, he would have, just like he did to Vitor.

Yeah, not like Weidman deflected/avoided every major punch or kick that Silva threw. If Silva could've KOed Weidman at will, he would have, just like he did to Vitor.

Exactly. It hurts to say but Silva never evolved... it was inevitable he would be figured out.

Look how hard guys like GSP work to stay ahead of their opponents. At the champion level, EVERYONE is gunning for you, EVERYONE has coaches watching tapes of your fights over and over and making a list of your weaknesses or habits that can be capitalized on in a fight...

If you don't change it up, evolve, you could be the greatest fighter on earth and some up and comer who worked harder than you and sees your strikes and takedowns coming from a mile away can and will knock your block off and make you look bad... which is pretty much exactly what happened.

That said, I sadly don't think he learned this lesson... from the interviews and shit it seems he is going to chalk up this loss to his own arrogance... but it wasn't just that. Played a part, certainly, but he did jack shit to Weidman the whole fight: Guys like Cain and GSP realized this: when you get dominated, you need to change everything or it's just going to happen again.

Jones in complete SHOCK followed by disappointment.

I felt exactly the same.

Yep.

It must have been different live because they were talking about Weidman shouldnt stand with Silva meanwhile I'm watching on TV wondering wtf Silva is doing

I was like this for a month straight.

Is_this_what_you_are_looking_for_523f470e990ca7.gif

Exactly. It hurts to say but Silva never evolved... it was inevitable he would be figured out.

Look how hard guys like GSP work to stay ahead of their opponents. At the champion level, EVERYONE is gunning for you, EVERYONE has coaches watching tapes of your fights over and over and making a list of your weaknesses or habits that can be capitalized on in a fight...

If you don't change it up, evolve, you could be the greatest fighter on earth and some up and comer who worked harder than you and sees your strikes and takedowns coming from a mile away can and will knock your block off and make you look bad... which is pretty much exactly what happened.

That said, I sadly don't think he learned this lesson... from the interviews and shit it seems he is going to chalk up this loss to his own arrogance... but it wasn't just that. Played a part, certainly, but he did jack shit to Weidman the whole fight: Guys like Cain and GSP realized this: when you get dominated, you need to change everything or it's just going to happen again.

Anderson's competition hurt him more than anything. The dude is one of the most talented strikers to ever fight in MMA, but his defense was preparing for fairly poor MMA striking. I know he doesn't have a chin, but it would've been interesting to have seen Anderson fight Melvin Manhoef

I think Anderson is going to have great success with leg kicks in their next fight, especially low kicks. If Anderson manages to get out of round 1 undamaged I see Weidman fading with a combination of being tired and his battered lead leg, Anderson will stuff the takedowns and win with a late 3rd round TKO.

haha did you guys catch fabers face starting at the 1:32+ mark lol.. he must of been on something lol..

It's humbling to see JBJ have that kind of reaction. I was just as shocked, only after it happened I looked at the ground, then up at the ceiling blankly. Seeing reminded me of that horrible night, I'm praying to Royce, Fedor and Liddell that Anderson wins the hematch.

Back