Jon Jones' underestimated strength

Dman4Life8017

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Every fight that I've seen of Jon Jones', it seems like almost every time out, fighters seem to underestimate how physically strong he is. He seems to control people on the cage, and control grappling exchanges with almost relative ease. I think it throws a lot of fighters off once they feel how strong Jones actually is. They think they'll be able to bully him because he's not as thick as his opponents, and is seen as a "lanky" guy.

I think that'll be the downfall of opponents like Daniel Cormier because his main asset is his ability to wall and brawl people. I don't think he fully understands how physically strong Jon Jones is, and I think that will ultimately be Cormier's downfall should a fight with Jones happen.

If there is anyone that can outmuscle and bully Jon Jones it's Daniel Cormier. Hey was ragdolling Barnett who is stronger and heavier than Jones.

I dont think strength is jones main speciality

I agree with what you're saying TS but I think DC will have no problem in the strength department..his main issues are his striking and cardio which if they hold up and he implements wrestling as one would expect, we have a new champ
providing he beats Hendo that is

If there is anyone that can outmuscle and bully Jon Jones it's Daniel Cormier. Hey was ragdolling Barnett who is stronger and heavier than Jones.

Him picking Barnett up and throwing him on his head multiple times was one of the craziest things I've seen.

His strength might be somewhat underrated, but DC would give him a run for his money and wouldn't have an issue with the strength of one Jon Jones. (IMO, if the fight happened.)

dc wont have issues with jones in that department whatsoever

He rag dolled bader who is an all American wrestler, tossed Bonnar all around the cage, walked glover to the cage and grabbed his wrists and controlled him like a child. Those are 3 of the bigger light heavyweights out there so if anyone still questions jones functional strength then they are crazy.

"lanky" = leverage which multiplies strength.

This is why lanky guys can appear to be surprising strong, they usually hit harder as well since they can generate more speed on he end of their punches.

He grew up wrestling Arthur, who's now a superheavyweight and himself an excellent wrestler.

He's probably pretty strong, but stronger than DC? Naw. Better understanding of leverage and wrestling technique than DC? No fuckin' way.

jones will still kill dc. get off dc's hype train already.

faster, more diverse striker, better improvisation, and good enough wrestling dc won't be able to hold him down. people need to get off dc's olympic wrestling hype train already. he will gas hard against jones too.

dc is not the savior you exalt.

Every fight that I've seen of Jon Jones', it seems like almost every time out, fighters seem to underestimate how physically strong he is. He seems to control people on the cage, and control grappling exchanges with almost relative ease. I think it throws a lot of fighters off once they feel how strong Jones actually is. They think they'll be able to bully him because he's not as thick as his opponents, and is seen as a "lanky" guy.

I think that'll be the downfall of opponents like Daniel Cormier because his main asset is his ability to wall and brawl people. I don't think he fully understands how physically strong Jon Jones is, and I think that will ultimately be Cormier's downfall should a fight with Jones happen.

I'm pretty confident that Jones' won't be able to bully Cormier in the clinch very easily. And I doubt Jones' is any stronger than Barnett.

jones will still kill dc. get off dc's hype train already.

faster, more diverse striker, better improvisation, and good enough wrestling dc won't be able to hold him down. people need to get off dc's olympic wrestling hype train already. he will gas hard against jones too.

dc is not the savior you exalt.

Yeah, he's gassed so many times. He'll gas harder on the better diet and harder training, too. You seem really upset.

Back