Jon jones should return in the heavyweight division here's why

If Jones comes back I would love to see him regain the title, clear out the division again and then move to HW. Would be a great story and fun to watch.

Not sure he is coming back though.

hw div is trash

i rather wash the rematches and weidman is eventually moving up so why go anywhere?

He will get back to LHW just for one reason, to beat up Cormier again lol

I doubt Jones will ever move to HW.

Rumble would utterly destroy Jones. He'd walk through everything Jones through at him and completely break him.

really are you drunk lol jones would rnc johnson before the fight even starts lol :eek:

I personally would like to see him come back to the LHW division and reclaim what is his. It adds to his legacy and makes a good story and he can break the divisional title defense record. The he can move up to HW

No, he should stay in LHW long enough to break the title fight records of Anderson and GSP and THEN consider moving.

Going to HW at this point would be silly.

news flash his title streak ended when DANA pos WHITE stripped him so thats not going to happen

Last edited:
With JdS's decline and Cain's shitty performance vs. Werdum I dont think there is any real threat in the HW division. No disrespect towards Werdum, but when he's the champion of the division by winning against the worst version of Cain ever, you know the division is garbage.

Must have read this 5x and still can't seem to wrap my head around it. Are you a major Cain fan?

I am trying to think of a BETTER version of Cain, . . . .

Accessing long term memory cells,. . . .

Loading archived data of distant past,. . Oh, here we go, nearly half a decade ago! Beat the tar out of JDS!

Well I would say the version of Cain reenacting the Kimbo-Alexander huddle was much better than the 2014 version of Cain. . . :icon_twis

jones would be awesome at HW. If he moves to HW he becomes my new favorite fighter

Because the average age of the HW division is going to be 40 years by then?

No he would't do that well in HW. His length is a huge advantage and LHW

He doesn't need to and why the hell are you assholes trying to force people out of their visions. Ronda doesn't need to neither does jones. GSP didn't need to. You just want to see them get beat that is all. I am pretty sure that if jones went to HW he would be champ.

LOL@Jones being HW champ.

People like you just want to keep him protected yet sit behind your cpu and make outrageous claims based on nothing like Jones would be champ.

Your right about the first part that yes, Jones is in charge of Jones(which he has proved he fails at life) but as long as he is making weight at 205, then he will keep fighting at 205.

jones would be awesome at HW. If he moves to HW he becomes my new favorite fighter

Based on what evidence?

He would have to prove himself. He isnt a fast fighter, if he had faster hands, feet or footwork I'd say he could cause problems but all of his jamming shots that stop smaller fighter are not going to have the same effect of the bigger guys.

Dont bring up Cormier, he is 5'10 and 6 inches shorter than Jones.

Everyone at HW is 6'2-6'6 and while Jones would still have the longest reach in a tie with Struve remember the average LHW reach is 74" but the average HW reach is 78"

So the advantage isnt as much but still has that reach. However, every fighter at HW hits way harder and guys like Cain, Stipe and JDS can outbox him. Overeem would stay in kicking range and kick the shit out of him and Werdum has gotten so well rounded that Werdum would have his number as well.

In b4 Jones goes to HW to duck Weidman.

But seriously, Jones is the established GOAT @ LHW. Wonder why people don't give Conor as much shit for being a tall featherweight with the reach of a WW...

I want to see one fighter holding two belts at the same time in UFC.

He should switch back and forth between both.

LHW and HW are ridiculously shallow. You'd almost have a legit division if you combined them.

Almost.

Here why i think jones should return in the heavyweight division. One he's cleared out the light heavyweight division there's nothing left there other than rematches. No one wants to see him make daniel cry again. Can you imagine jones vs the heavyweight division stipe, cain, werdum, overeem etc. Heres what he will have to do to be successful at the heavyweight division. One he will have to add some serious size maybe like 25 pounds of muscle and he will have to add a hard jab to keep the bigger heavyweights like overeem at a distance. He's gonna have to use his distance/speed like never before because he's not gonna want to trade punches with big heavyweights like rothwell i think he does well against guys like werdum because of the non threat of a one punch ko thoughts ?

i don't think you understand how hard it is to add 25lbs of muscle without PED's

In b4 Jones goes to HW to duck Weidman.

But seriously, Jones is the established GOAT @ LHW. Wonder why people don't give Conor as much shit for being a tall featherweight with the reach of a WW...

Pretty good comparison actually. Most of the top 145ers (Aldo, Edgar, Mendes) are 5'6" -5'7" and Conor is 5'9", the average height of the top 155ers.

Back