Jon jones should return in the heavyweight division here's why

jollyrenjiro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here why i think jones should return in the heavyweight division. One he's cleared out the light heavyweight division there's nothing left there other than rematches. No one wants to see him make daniel cry again. Can you imagine jones vs the heavyweight division stipe, cain, werdum, overeem etc. Heres what he will have to do to be successful at the heavyweight division. One he will have to add some serious size maybe like 25 pounds of muscle and he will have to add a hard jab to keep the bigger heavyweights like overeem at a distance. He's gonna have to use his distance/speed like never before because he's not gonna want to trade punches with big heavyweights like rothwell i think he does well against guys like werdum because of the non threat of a one punch ko thoughts ?

He should have fought in the heavyweights the whole time. Have you saw the pics of him where hes bigger than Fedor and Aleks and Andrei. He couldnt use that size advantage in that weight class as well.

He should have fought in the heavyweights the whole time. Have you saw the pics of him where hes bigger than Fedor and Aleks and Andrei. He couldnt use that size advantage in that weight class as well.

i agree i think he would do well against lighter heavyweights who don't rely on one punch power like werdum he could use his speed against him he would have to alter his style to deal with the mammoths like rothwell overeems or jds it would be interesting

He will get koed in the heavyweight division

"light heavyweight division there's nothing left there other than rematches"

Rumble, OSP, Manuwa

"light heavyweight division there's nothing left there other than rematches"

Rumble, OSP, Manuwa

he would choke and dominate rumble osp and manuwa no one wants to see that him vs the heavyweights would be way more interesting

considering he has one of the easier cuts to lhw, no. He is usually only about 10-12 lbs over 205 2 weeks out form the fight.

Here why i think jones should return in the heavyweight division. One he's cleared out the light heavyweight division there's nothing left there other than rematches. No one wants to see him make daniel cry again. Can you imagine jones vs the heavyweight division stipe, cain, werdum, overeem etc. Heres what he will have to do to be successful at the heavyweight division. One he will have to add some serious size maybe like 25 pounds of muscle and he will have to add a hard jab to keep the bigger heavyweights like overeem at a distance. He's gonna have to use his distance/speed like never before because he's not gonna want to trade punches with big heavyweights like rothwell i think he does well against guys like werdum because of the non threat of a one punch ko thoughts ?
He doesn't need to and why the hell are you assholes trying to force people out of their visions. Ronda doesn't need to neither does jones. GSP didn't need to. You just want to see them get beat that is all. I am pretty sure that if jones went to HW he would be champ.

Personally I think the more interesting matchups are there for him at HW, this would in fact be a huge career gamble though. By chance he loses, he would forfeit the tag of being virtually undefeated. A huge part of his marketability is that people tune into his fights To see him lose. By chance if he loses, that segment of the target audience goes away, and never returns. Unfortunately for Jon his detractors seem to be a huge part of the viewing purchasers, I believe his contract involves money for PPV percentage, which as a result would significantly hurt his pay and bargaining power for future contracts. Moving up would be great for fans, everyone else at 205, and the future of the HW division. But, it wouldn't be very smart move by Jones and his handlers in the long term, unless he is able to remain unbeaten.

There is always a new challenge for him at lhw. Plus HW is the worse division in the ufc just a bunch of haymaker goons

he would choke and dominate rumble osp and manuwa no one wants to see that him vs the heavyweights would be way more interesting

Rumble would utterly destroy Jones. He'd walk through everything Jones through at him and completely break him.

Whether it's interesting to him or not, he's not going to move to a different division until the moneymaking prospects are better there than where he's at.

This is usually why guys move divisions after a losing streak. It extends their career, gives them a 2nd shot, etc. Basically, if what you're doing isn't working, then try something different.

But in Jon's case, what he's doing is working perfectly. He's undefeated and can use his reach to his advantage without being at a significant strength disadvantage. And his lack of punching power isn't too much of a liability.

Those things change when he goes to heavyweight. Even if he does fairly well, he's likely to add a loss or two to his record which hurts his marketability greatly.

So why would a businessman move divisions when it's not a smart business decision?

You'll never see Jon move until he has to.

No, he should stay in LHW long enough to break the title fight records of Anderson and GSP and THEN consider moving.

Going to HW at this point would be silly.

Rumble would utterly destroy Jones. He'd walk through everything Jones through at him and completely break him.

this guy?
THIS guy?

155mjw9.jpg

keep reaching doe

Why should he when his best weight is at 205!!! I could see a super fight or two but beyond that he's a LHW

With JdS's decline and Cain's shitty performance vs. Werdum I dont think there is any real threat in the HW division. No disrespect towards Werdum, but when he's the champion of the division by winning against the worst version of Cain ever, you know the division is garbage.

considering he has one of the easier cuts to lhw, no. He is usually only about 10-12 lbs over 205 2 weeks out form the fight.

According to himself he had to basically over-eat to not get too light last time around.

He doesn't need to and why the hell are you assholes trying to force people out of their visions. Ronda doesn't need to neither does jones. GSP didn't need to. You just want to see them get beat that is all. I am pretty sure that if jones went to HW he would be champ.

Only reason I see Jones going to HW is to be a 2 division champion. I see him coming back to 205 and regaining his belt, defending it several more times and if there is ever a lack of contenders moving up for a test run vs a name HW who is a perfect matchup for his style. If successful a titleshot Superfight vs the champion and if he loses he is still undefeated at LHW. A fight vs a former champion such as JDS should he have a significant decline or Cain if the same were to happen to him. A loss to either of those at HW doesn't kill his marketability as a LHW.

He should kicks DC's ass again, then move to HW.

He wouldnt need to add 25 pounds of muscles.

He dominated the best wrestler at hw in the clinch.If he can do that to dc he can out clinch any hw.

Back