Jon Jones Says He Won the Fourth and Fifth Rounds

Which rounds did Jones win?

• Total voters
He's right and he also lost 1, 2, and 3.

So you disagree with the Unified Rules then?
Because Reyes clearly won the striking/grappling edge in 2.

Reyes was basically trying to shoeshine in that round...

Aside from one or two nice punches, his low-kicks were his only real clean and effective strikes.

Jones landed the more clean and effective strikes of the round, even though he threw/landed less.

Reyes actually settles into his punches in the 3rd round and was much more effective.

Reyes was basically trying to shoeshine in that round...

Aside from one or two nice punches, his low-kicks were his only real clean and effective strikes.

Jones landed the more clean and effective strikes of the round, even though he threw/landed less.

Reyes actually settles into his punches in the 3rd round and was much more effective.
Reyes had I believe 11 more significant strikes land than Jones in the 2nd according to the fight metrics. Dunno what fight you were watching.

Gimmick account

Anyway Jones won the rds that Reyes got tired in,4 and 5

fairly simple fight to score - when I heard 49-46 I thought that a judge must of given Reyes the 4th

the only “close” round was the 3rd as reyes was already clearly tired and fading a bit but I thought he pretty clearly won that as well

I agree with Jon, he did win rounds 4 & 5. The problem is that Reyes won rounds 1-3 & should be champion right now.

You also said he landed the more clean shots. Data doesn’t support this.

He landed the more clean effective shots...

Sadly, they don’t seem to record that statistic.

But, for example, if one fighter lands a jab, but the other fighter lands a left hook that wobbles his opponent it shows up on the stats as 1 significant strike for each.

However, the left hook is the more effective strike.

Jones was right his wrestling won him 4 & 5, not because it was effective wrestling but it put Reyes on defense and jones was able to be a more effective striker because of it.
Jones was also pulsing pretty hard those rounds why his cardio is better than any ufc fight. How he won an early round I'll never know.
<JonesLaugh> USADA bless

Had it 4-1 reyes, but 4th was really kind of a toss.

Were it the old rules, I could fathom Jones winning, but we can clearly see that judges still prizes harmless takedowns about the same as Demian Maia backpacking you into bolivian.

New rules set that we should not reward the exact thing Jones did and gave no further notice upon each and every time Reyes shrugged it off.

Reyes 1,2,3
Jones 4,5

So he's not wrong...

Had it 4-1 reyes, but 4th was really kind of a toss.

Were it the old rules, I could fathom Jones winning, but we can clearly see that judges still prizes harmless takedowns about the same as Demian Maia backpacking you into bolivian.

New rules set that we should not reward the exact thing Jones did and gave no further notice upon each and every time Reyes shrugged it off.

But...it was the old rules. Texas hasn't adopted the new ABC rules yet.

I had Jones 2 4 5 but 2 and 3 cod have go e either way.

I don't think Reyes really did enough to win. To beat a champ you have to clearly win rounds not just shade them. Not right but thats the way it is and always has been.

Reyes slowed down after the 1st round but did enough to win rounds 1-3. Jones won 4-5. Reyes went into cruise control 4-5 as he was banking on the fact that he won the first 3 rounds. Assumptions are assholes and will get you burned. Hope he learned and works on his cardio.

4 and 5 ... he didnt do shit in 1 and 2 .... 3 was for Dom too but closer.

Under the new Texas rules every round counts double the round immediately preceding it.

Round 1 (one point) - Reyes (Reyes 1 Jones 0)

Round 2 (two points) - Reyes (Reyes 3 Jones 0)

Round 3 (four points) - Reyes (Reyes 7 Jones 0)

Round 4 (eight points) - Jones (Reyes 7 Jones 8)

Round 5 (sixteen points) - Jones (Reyes 7 Jones 24)

Overall win = Jones

Back