Jon Jones Says He Doesn't Train to Poke Eyes, Therefore He Doesn't Poke Eyes (Deliberately)

“I fight how I fight,” Jones told MMA Fighting during a conference call in support of Saturday’s pay-per-view event at Toyota Center. “I grab for hands a lot, and over the years, I’ve 'coincidentally' landed 'a few' eyepokes. But if you guys think I trained poking people in the eyes, think about how ridiculous that is. We fight with our fingers open, and I can be a very reachy fighter sometimes, and 'it happens.'

“In my last (Alexander) Gustafsson fight, the referee kept saying, ‘Watch your fingers, Jon!’ My fingers weren’t even out, and he kept yelling at me, which was a major distraction.

“I know Dominick has a problem with the finger stuff, too, and he’s talking about talking to the referee before the fight. None of that stuff’s gonna matter, dude. I feel like the game made a rule that was singlehandedly based around me, and I won’t let that type of stuff matter.

”I haven’t changed anything about my training style. I train very hard, and I don’t train to poke people in the eyes.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/2/...k-reyes-eye-poke-concerns-i-fight-how-i-fight

Jon is the Chuck Lidell of MMA.

He trains them on Diego daily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back