Media Jon Jones ROASTS Daniel Cormier: "I can write a book without mentioning DC ..."

So he would leave his 2 highest grossing ppv's out of his life story?
That's dumb.

DC could write a book just about his time wrestling and it be a complete story.

Jon's not roasting, he's just trolling. And not very well.
But I guess you believed him so it's well enough for his remaining fan base.

Cmon dude, you can paint it anyway you want but at the end of the day Jones wrestled Cormier and stole his soul in the first fight, then in the rematch he kicked him in the face and punched him unconscious. There is NO DOUBT who is the better fighter, but that's fine. DC is a great guy and i'd love to be his friend, JJ seems like an asshole.

Who really wins in life?

Like Mayweather and Pacqiaou, Mayweather won the fight, but Pacman is a senator, beloved by everyone, has a beautiful family, compared to Mayweather who has to walk around with 10 security, owns a strip club, hates all his family. Who really is winning ?
But that isn't what Jones is saying.

His career ran up to his biggest test, Cormier. Then he was clearly using PEDs, and the second fight result (which was more conclusive) was overturned due to his failed test. Alternatively DC is undefeated in two divisions, except by a guy who cheated to beat him, including beating many of the best HW's and some very good LHWs.

I'd contest that Jones' career is defined more by Cormier than Cormier's is by Jones, especially since Cormier's career has progressed post-Jones, whereas Jones has looked very ordinary after his PED related suspension.

Jones is loud about DC but how DC could agree for this fight ?
Jones cheated so bad last time that you cant be sure he'll not come back with more juice for the third.

But he still open his mouth showing how poor/bad his education actually is....

But that isn't what Jones is saying.

His career ran up to his biggest test, Cormier. Then he was clearly using PEDs, and the second fight result (which was more conclusive) was overturned due to his failed test. Alternatively DC is undefeated in two divisions, except by a guy who cheated to beat him, including beating many of the best HW's and some very good LHWs.

I'd contest that Jones' career is defined more by Cormier than Cormier's is by Jones, especially since Cormier's career has progressed post-Jones, whereas Jones has looked very ordinary after his PED related suspension.

I disagree. I'd define his career with his coming out being against Shogun, clearing out the division, youngest ever champ etc etc.

I remember watching that fight thinking that Shogun will murder him, then when Shogun tapped, it was really a passing of the torch. Then the way he tapped Rampage, murdered Machida, and blasted through Rashad, we knew he had arrived and all the old elite were on the way out.

You seem to attribute his success to steroids, but this is so false. His strength and stamina are not god-like, but his decision making and fight IQ most certainly are.

It's his creativity, decision making and composure that have made him so hard to beat. This is the difference between a Chael Sonnen with steroid endurance, and a calm goat setting the trap for a triangle in the 5th round.

For all we know, DC is getting flattened in a few days anyway...

I disagree. I'd define his career with his coming out being against Shogun, clearing out the division, youngest ever champ etc etc.

I remember watching that fight thinking that Shogun will murder him, then when Shogun tapped, it was really a passing of the torch. Then the way he tapped Rampage, murdered Machida, and blasted through Rashad, we knew he had arrived and all the old elite were on the way out.

You seem to attribute his success to steroids, but this is so false. His strength and stamina are not god-like, but his decision making and fight IQ most certainly are.

It's his creativity, decision making and composure that have made him so hard to beat. This is the difference between a Chael Sonnen with steroid endurance, and a calm goat setting the trap for a triangle in the 5th round.

For all we know, DC is getting flattened in a few days anyway...
Jones' success isn't just due to PEDs. Please dn't confuse me with other anti-fans whom you've engaged with on the topic. He's obviously a great athlete and a prodigious talent.

But it's telling that his PED issues came to the fore with Cormier and have dogged him ever since. And that is a significant part of his career now, especially since DC is Jones' best win - unlike the other LHW former champs Jones beat, DC was defended multiple times in two divisions and is undefeated except by Jones.

there wouldnt be enough room to mention DC because the whole book would be about his cheating and fuck ups.

what did that absolute idiot say which was untrue? Cormier could easily talk about his Olympic wrestling and then MMA heavyweight career without mentioning Jones.

Jones is a big part of Cormier's career, sure. But in some ways Cormier is a bigger part of Jones', especially since he seems to be unable to fight Cormier without chemical assistance.
trying to defend idiot logic = another idiot
<36>

Anyone who cuts weight is by definition not at their optimal weight class

Aside from that you are a skinnyfat manlet

Lol so that means theres no optimal weight class for Justin Willis? Is that why UFC cut him?

BTW I think it does take away from Jones' legacy that he refuses to face DC at heavyweight and while clean.

3D563FA7-9DFE-4693-87B9-1FF1BC62FE02.gif Wow the amount of butthurt about Jones doing or saying anything is getting dangerously high lol

Drug cheat has been tweeting about DC non stop.

"I could write a book about my career and victories mentioning myself only."

That's a completely different sentiment, though. Presumably, the point of Jones's post was that he could say "I've beaten this person, this person, and that person," and it would still be an impressive career even if he had never fought DC. Without that, you're basically just boasting about your record - which is meaningless without the context of who the wins and losses were against.

trying to defend idiot logic = another idiot
<36>
I asked for an explanation and gave context to my query. Not defending anything (yet), just trying to get your perspective.

Are you able to give that, or are you the idiot here?

He looked like death weighing in at 205 because he’s not disciplined enough to keep his walk around weight lower. He could comfortably walk around 215-220lbs out of fight camp if he had the discipline to. He’d rather eat Popeyes/cupcakes and balloon up to 250 though. To each is own.

Fucking lol @ comparing training for a strongman competition to fighting at the highest level of MMA. Dyel brah?

can't wait to see the evidence you have for how dc can comfortably walk around at 215, although i just cant imagine how such a thing could be proved. but im ready to stop thinking that your claim is completely baseless! bring that evidence, cant wait for it

but yeah setting new world records in human performance is clearly nowhere near the top level of mma. strongmen arent 1337 enough to hang with the super ultra scientific beastin crew in mma

GleefulGlassCuscus-size_restricted.gif

as5k8slxyl1w7mw4uppe.png

AcceptableAnotherAstarte.gif

Jon would probably delete the book later tho

It’s true. It’s not Jon’s fault that DC is not disciplined enough to fight at his optimal weightclass (205, even 185 if he was younger). Jon is the A-side so if DC wants redemption he has to chase him.

Anyone that thinks 205 SHOULD be a difficult weight cut for Daniel obviously doesn’t know anything about dieting, weight training, and macro/micro nutrients

He competed at 96 kg, or 211.6 lbs. At the 2004 Olympics he took 4th place after losing to Khadzhimurat Gatsalov in the semi-finals.[10] Cormier was also a member of the 2008 Olympic wrestling team for the USA, where he was named team captain, but was pulled from competition due to kidney failure, brought on by excessive weight cutting.

Have you forwarded your resume off to the US Olympic Wrestling team yet, or are you waiting for them to call?

Jon is probably the most insecure fighter I’ve ever seen

Except he can't.

DC is why Jones started all of this pulsing to begin with.

Jones insecurity about his botched legacy is laughable. He seems gotten to about the fact more people view him as a drug cheat than the GOAT.

Don't blame him. I'd be pissed too if I blew a legacy over multiple failed drug tests.

Back