Jon Jones' response to Ben Askren: 'Bro, you're the king of the JV league'

You can dance around the fact all you want, buddy, but if an organization doesn't think their reigning champ is worth the money he is asking for then:

1) Said fighter must be boring as fuck.
2) Said fighter needs to bring his ego down to earth because it doesn't match reality.

In his case, it's both.

I'm not dancing, I'm stating facts from both Rebney and Askren commented on and released several times over a few months span of the negotiation.

So is that why the UFC wouldn't give Nate and Nick Diaz, Aldo, Bararo, Mighty Mouse, Bendo, and countless others more money because they are boring and have to bring their egos down?

Askren hasn't had a "boring" match in a long while. Askren can be as cocky as he wants since not one person was unable to "bring his ego down" as of yet.

Ben is the best fighter not in the UFC by a country mile and its hilarious when he gets little haters like you rustled up.

I recommend you research the situation, as youre very uneducated on it. He got the six figures plus royalties he wanted from an org so he went to that org. He took the better offer.

Being a champ who was forced to leave Bellator aint nothing to brag about. Wonder why he always dogs the ufc but cant even keep his job in bellator

He was not forced out of Bellator, he told him he was going to leave when his contract was up. Bellator decided to try and use that but it failed.

He is definitely better known as a fighter than a wrestler, because more people pay attention to MMA than college wrestling and he failed on the international level. And as his tweets get substantially more views than any fight card he's ever been a part of, you sir are dead wrong.

Keep crying in the corner because you feel the need to hate on other men's successes.

You do realize International wrestling is different than folkstyle? The rules differences are enough to change outcomes.

I would argue that DC is a bit better freestyle wrestler than he is a folkstyle but was good at both.

I will argue that Askren is a vastly better folkstyle wrestler than he is freestyle. In freestyle you can score without having control and Askrens set of techniques creates the risk of scoring on himself.

You can dance around the fact all you want, buddy, but if an organization doesn't think their reigning champ is worth the money he is asking for then:

1) Said fighter must be boring as fuck.
2) Said fighter needs to bring his ego down to earth because it doesn't match reality.

In his case, it's both.

The only way he is likely to get in is if Askren can keep his name out there. It looks like he is doing all he can to keep his name out there, it is up to Dana.

I am not saying Askren will clean house or not in the UFC, he has don't enough to give it a try to find out what would happen. Askren might lose three in a row or might start tearing things up, he certainly deserves the chance to find out.

The fact Jones seemingly didn't know that Askren doesn't even fight in Bellator anymore makes the ownage all the more hilarious.

I'm not dancing, I'm stating facts from both Rebney and Askren commented on and released several times over a few months span of the negotiation.

So is that why the UFC wouldn't give Nate and Nick Diaz, Aldo, Bararo, Mighty Mouse, Bendo, and countless others more money because they are boring and have to bring their egos down?

Askren hasn't had a "boring" match in a long while. Askren can be as cocky as he wants since not one person was unable to "bring his ego down" as of yet.

Ben is the best fighter not in the UFC by a country mile and its hilarious when he gets little haters like you rustled up.

I recommend you research the situation, as youre very uneducated on it. He got the six figures plus royalties he wanted from an org so he went to that org. He took the better offer.

Yea, I laugh at the people who seem to think its better to be paid less in the UFC than what is probably about the 4th biggest MMA org in the world. Ben is "using the big guy (UFC)" to keep his name out there, a search on this board and MMA sites would prove that, and he is getting big and easy paychecks right now. Getting his cake and eating it too, smartest man in MMA.

Jones wishes he was 1/100th as popular as Askren.

Jones wishes he was 1/100th as popular as Askren.

Ask any casual fan who Askren is. Now ask them who jon jones is. NO one outside of fairly dedicated mma fans knows who askren is.

You do realize International wrestling is different than folkstyle? The rules differences are enough to change outcomes.

I would argue that DC is a bit better freestyle wrestler than he is a folkstyle but was good at both.

I will argue that Askren is a vastly better folkstyle wrestler than he is freestyle. In freestyle you can score without having control and Askrens set of techniques creates the risk of scoring on himself.

That has nothing to do with what I said... at all. I simply stated that he was far better known for being an MMA fighter than for being a wrestler. And likewise, he is far better known for his mouth and his social media presence then he is for his in cage accomplishments.

Yea, I laugh at the people who seem to think its better to be paid less in the UFC than what is probably about the 4th biggest MMA org in the world. Ben is "using the big guy (UFC)" to keep his name out there, a search on this board and MMA sites would prove that, and he is getting big and easy paychecks right now. Getting his cake and eating it too, smartest man in MMA.

Askren: I'm the best welterweight in the world.
Public: then prove it?
Askren: No, but thanks for keeping me relevant.

Askren isn't the one who turned down a UFC offer when he was a free agent.

"No".... Did you not follow what happened at all? Blame lies on Dana, i'm just glad to see that Dana's ridiculous bullying ways havent prevented Ben from being one of thr highest paid fighters in the world and hasn't kept him out of the MMA headlines. Both were likely things Dana was expecting to happen when he refused to sign Askren.

"No".... Did you not follow what happened at all? Blame lies on Dana, i'm just glad to see that Dana's ridiculous bullying ways havent prevented Ben from being one of thr highest paid fighters in the world and hasn't kept him out of the MMA headlines. Both were likely things Dana was expecting to happen when he refused to sign Askren.

go look at past cases. multiple times Dana has given nice deals to top guys coming into the UFC, and with a guarantee that if they win their first fight, they will receive a title shot. Shields, Melendez and I think Eddie Alvarez too. I'd have to do a bit of research to know if there are others, but certainly the first two got their title fights after winning.

and if you think Dana isn't aware that giving ANY press to Askren is likely to be a good thing for Askren only ....

go look at past cases. multiple times Dana has given nice deals to top guys coming into the UFC, and with a guarantee that if they win their first fight, they will receive a title shot. Shields, Melendez and I think Eddie Alvarez too. I'd have to do a bit of research to know if there are others, but certainly the first two got their title fights after winning.

and if you think Dana isn't aware that giving ANY press to Askren is likely to be a good thing for Askren only ....

Yea they have signed high level prospects before for good money, but that doesnt change the fact he told Ben Askren that they werent interested yet because he needs to get more experience first, and after the internet laughed at that, switched to saying it was because "Ben Askren just isnt my ki d of guy".

So yea Askren as a result found a way to still get paid big and keep his name out there when things were looking cloudy for his future in the sport, and as a fan I'm happy for him.

Yea they have signed high level prospects before for good money, but that doesnt change the fact he told Ben Askren that they werent interested yet because he needs to get more experience first, and after the internet laughed at that, switched to saying it was because "Ben Askren just isnt my ki d of guy".

So yea Askren as a result found a way to still get paid big and keep his name out there when things were looking cloudy for his future in the sport, and as a fan I'm happy for him.
lol you really think that the negotiations consisted of just that? you make it sound like it was done on twitter :p
seems more likely Askren was asking for too much, and I'm not even talking about the money. he certainly shouldn't be offered a future title shot type deal anyway because that would require facing a top opponent in his first fight, and regardless of whether he is actually legit enough to compete well and possibly even dominate them, he doesn't deserve to be one crazy moment away from fighting the champion in the division, based on his recent AND overall career so far.

lol you really think that the negotiations consisted of just that? you make it sound like it was done on twitter :p
seems more likely Askren was asking for too much, and I'm not even talking about the money. he certainly shouldn't be offered a future title shot type deal anyway because that would require facing a top opponent in his first fight, and regardless of whether he is actually legit enough to compete well and possibly even dominate them, he doesn't deserve to be one crazy moment away from fighting the champion in the division, based on his recent AND overall career so far.

Askren has repeatedly stated that he never got an offer and the negotiations never got to the point of even discussing money. No one from the UFC has ever contradicted his statements. Ever. Yet, some folks insist that he was asking for too much money. :rolleyes:

Until someone from the UFC actually states Askren was asking for too much, especially since Dana likes spout off whenever he wants, I'll assume Askren didn't get an offer.

Back