Jon Jones' response to Ben Askren: 'Bro, you're the king of the JV league'

Frank23

Enter Sandman Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
UFC LHW Champion Jon Jones said this at Thursday's Ultimate Media Day about the undefeated OneFC welterweight champion.

On December 29, Askren tweeted a picture of Jon Jones placing third on the medal stand at the New York state high school wrestling meet, which was won by former UFC competitor Matt Riddle.

At Thursday's Ultimate Media Day at the MGM Grand, Jones shot back.

"Yeah, I saw it," Jones said. "I'm not going to acknowledge it. He's a Bellator fighter. I don't want that to be taken the wrong way, but it's like, bro, you're the king of the JV league."

Read more:http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/1...en-askren-bro-youre-the-king-of-the-jv-league

What is your reaction? This is Ben Askren's response.

Lol Askren got owned and sounds whiny. (this coming from a guy who wants DC to win)

Askren - I'm the king of whichever damn league I please.*

* so long as that league is not the UFC.

Weak response by Askren.

I hope Askren is right about Saturday, otherwise he seems desperate to grab some attention since he fights in the minor leagues

Jones double owned him by not even knowing where Askren fights.

He should keep quiet.

The league where he doesn't fight anyone in the top 100.

He's a OneFC fighter Jon, not Bellator anymore.

Ben is such a nobody that Jon doesn't even realize Bellator let their reigning champion go. Lol

Ben is such a nobody that Jon doesn't even realize Bellator let their reigning champion go. Lol

That might be part of the insult. Either way I love it. Askren is unkown to everyone
except hard cores...

What the hell 2015? I'm siding with Jon Jones??? That's not supposed to happen!

Funny how Ben was so adamant about not having to fight in the UFC, yet he keeps trying to make himself relevant via twitter wars and constantly slandering the UFC & Dana.

Its sad when you are more known for your tweets than your fighting.

Funny how Ben was so adamant about not having to fight in the UFC, yet he keeps trying to make himself relevant via twitter wars and constantly slandering the UFC & Dana.
Ben is slandering Dana? Wow. Dana has been flip-flopping and calumniating Askren throughout this entire quarrel. It's embarrassing to watch, and even more embarrassing that fans lap it up.

Jon can say whatever he wants. He's a dummy for the initial comment about DC's wrestling accolades. How are you gonna insult a guy that finished 4th in the Olympics. I mean really? That's like a CFL quarterback laughing at an nfl QB because they were drafted in the 7th round.

"I'm not going to acknowledge it"

Acknowledges it.

jon owned askren here but nevertheless cormier will beat jones.

Jon seams broiled Askren knew Jon couldn't even beat Matt Riddle LOL
In all honesty I expect DC to throw Jon around like a kid for 25 minutes

Ben is slandering Dana? Wow. Dana has been flip-flopping and calumniating Askren throughout this entire quarrel. It's embarrassing to watch, and even more embarrassing that fans lap it up.

There's quite a few things I side with Dana on. The Askren situation is not on that list.

Back