Jon Jones releases new video responding to haters

LOL I love it. Jones realizes no matter what he does people will hate on him.

Yea jones is ducking a guy who he already beat to fight an undefeatedguy who was the #1 contender in the division above him and the #2 ranked guy in his division.

Jones has to be the most insecure great champion ever. It is true that Cormier is at least as dangerous a fighter as Gus.

Eh. I don't think Jon's trolling is an act which is the primary problem. And he deserves 10x the haters. Sonnen trolls to get ahead and distinguish himself. JBJ is the greatest P4P fighter in the world right now but he has to resort to Sonnen tactics? If it's deliberate from him, he needs to reassess because it's counter-productive. The antics aren't needed, but he does it anyway. That just makes him really stupid or a natural tool. I don't think Jon is stupid.

That's rich, before Sherdog had a problem with Jones because he was fake, now your problem is with him because he's not fake. But Sonnen is fake trolling to get ahead and that's perfectly ok it seems.

I'll never understand how the minds of sherdoggers work when they choose what to and not to hate on a fighter for.

LOL I love it. Jones realizes no matter what he does people will hate on him.

Yea jones is ducking a guy who he already beat to fight an undefeatedguy who was the #1 contender in the division above him and the #2 ranked guy in his division.

He's calling out a guy who just had acl surgery over the #1 contender who has been calling him out for months. And on top of it, he himself said he'd fight gus after glover.

Quack.

If he thinks it's smart to put off the Gus rematch then fair enough.

Anderson put off re-matching Chael, he tried to avoid Weidmann for a while etc... Not si sure he needs to duck him, but do what you gotta do.

I don't think Gus deserves another shot yet any; he's beaten Manuwa and that counts for next to nothing in my book. It's better for Gus to go win another couple of fights anyway, it'll hype the fight more and if Gus loses to Jones a second time this quickly his career is going to on ice for a looooong time.

I agree, Gus needs to do more to deserve a rematch, it's pretty early in his career for him to go the way of Jds if he were to lose again. Also, why do people think Gus won the fight? He won 2 rounds tops.

How about the fact you said you'd fight Gus after Glover? Someones word doesnt mean much.

Also, why ask for DC now after his acl surgery? Where was this bravado months ago?

Did he say how many fights after Glover he'd fight him? Could be 3 fights after.

So he wants to pick and choose for the rest of his career..
We cant have champs like that, its not right.

He has an OK argument, but he cant pick and choose his opponents.
its discredits the sport.. and he was a wrestler from start.. imagine if wrestlers had that mindset... they go against anybody that shows up.

Guys, he's obviously not ducking.

Why would he duck Gusta?

dmgsb2n.jpg

[YT]iUAm9isV09I[/YT]

Help the man get out of the ring. Or in this case, get into it.

I find the response pretty funny, but by reacting, is he actually showing he cares or just outing his opinion?

How about anybody actually refute what he said? Protip: you can't.

He's calling out a guy who just had acl surgery over the #1 contender who has been calling him out for months. And on top of it, he himself said he'd fight gus after glover.

Quack.

when did DC have acl surgery?

So he wants to pick and choose for the rest of his career..
We cant have champs like that, its not right.

He has an OK argument, but he cant pick and choose his opponents.
its discredits the sport.. and he was a wrestler from start.. imagine if wrestlers had that mindset... they go against anybody that shows up.

A discredit to the sport is having fighters get title fights they don't deserve. Cormier deserves the shot and why would Jones want to waste his time with a fighter he has all ready decisively beat?

Even though he addresses his 'haterz' these days I'm still not sure he actually realises how he comes across at times.

Bones is a supreme fighter and he could well beat both Gus AND Cormier, but by god he comes across badly. Dude needs some PR advice sharpish.

I don't buy this heel stuff either. If he's going to be a heel, go full heel please Jonny Bones, not this half assed embarrassing stuff.

This kind of thing is really hurting MMA, the inactivity of so many champs(and I know he just fought but he clearly doesn't want to fight anytime soon) and the number 1 contenders that are waiting to fight the champs is leaving so many cards feeling irrelevant in terms of title implications.

I really think the UFC should start giving us some mini no.1 contender tournaments if the champs don't want to fight more that once or twice a year to at least give the fights more meaning.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/who-do-you-think-won-jon-jones-vs-alexander-gustafsson-2564389/

I've never seen more sherdog members vote on 1 poll. This poll and the fact gustafsson has the same reach and sent him to the hospital is the reason I laugh at every jones fan that says "oh yea hes real scared of the guy he already beat"

That was right after the fight. No doubt a poll today (even on here) would be much closer.

He did beat him. I'm sure the rematch would be a good fight. Cormier would also be a good fight too. We'll get both eventually anyways.

Back