Jon Jones' Positive Drug Test Interview Tonight on FOX Sports 1 [VIDEO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further to... zero treatment?

If you go in there and pretend all is fine and dandy, there's not much doctors can/will do.

He was pretty clear he's doing outpatient treatment several times per week. I actually don't know if I believe all that (was weird to say he wasn't sure how often, 1, 2, sometimes 3 times per week?), but he didn't say he moved to zero treatment.

So Jon just does coke from time to time when he parties.

Jones message to his fans: I am sorry

For me didn't even have to apologize, it made me see him in a bit of a different light but didn't take away from his achievements in the sport

This is all just stuff to talk about when nobody is fighting

Jon Jones is so last week, let's move on.

I like the fact that Jones didn't pussyfoot around about it. He was straight down the line more or less, and didn't make up excuses about taking it.

Good for him.

Jon Jones "I don't have an excuse for what happened. I did it. I had a party."

Like I said in another thread, he said I don't have an excuse and a coward would make excuses...right after he ran through a list of excuses he COULD use (Friends\Stress etc..)

You can't say "I'm not going to say things" right after you just said them.

Like I said in another thread, he said I don't have an excuse and a coward would make excuses...right after he ran through a list of excuses he COULD use (Friends\Stress etc..)

You can't say "I'm not going to say things" right after you just said them.

He stated he messed up and came out well. There is also a difference between a reason and an excuse

A reason is a circumstance that caused an event or situation. Any given circumstance or situation has more than one reason.

An excuse is a selected reason, accepted (or fabricated) by a party to the exclusion of other reasons in order to avoid (or cause) a circumstance of their choosing.

Also a reason is the truth of any circumstance and a excuse is a fabricated answer to over come/avoid the situation at any moment. Jones stating reasons for the occurrence and why he did it is not an excuse.

An excuse is trying to avoid taking blame and jones made no excuses.

Last edited:
It still doesn't make a goddamned lick of sense that you get outpatient help for doing coke once.

And why is a counselor at a voluntary facility drug-testing him weekly? That only makes sense if it was court-ordered.

people actually believe a word this guy says?

Well, there's about 8 million haters on here who were certain that going to rehab was a business decision, and he volunteered that that was the case. Do you think he's lying about that?

It still doesn't make a goddamned lick of sense that you get outpatient help for doing coke once since college.

PR 101: Deny all previous uses unless it can be proven by a uncontrolled third party.

He was pretty clear he's doing outpatient treatment several times per week. I actually don't know if I believe all that (was weird to say he wasn't sure how often, 1, 2, sometimes 3 times per week?), but he didn't say he moved to zero treatment.

It's confusing, but his uncertainty about frequency is not a sign of lying.

Outpatient treatment varies like crazy. The normal max version is three, three-hour sessions a week for 3-6 months. Below that are a ton of different varieties; one of which would be differing numbers of sessions within a week depending on the kind of session (informative classes, group therapy, one on one therapy, an AA/NA meeting requirement...). Another would be a dwindling number of sessions per week depending on the response of the patient to treatment.

It still doesn't make a goddamned lick of sense that you get outpatient help for doing coke once.

And why is a counselor at a voluntary facility drug-testing him weekly? That only makes sense if it was court-ordered.

I can see why you'd think that but you're in error. To a large extent, outpatient treatment is preventative. Someone gets a DUI, he's into partying, he fails a drug test at an imbecilic time in his life... There's no reason for him NOT to do outpatient.

And any respectable outpatient program will require weekly testing.

Apart from that, a lot of people with families agree to regular testing simply for the sake of reassuring the old lady, the kids, etc. (Kids in particular.)

Feel bad for the outpatient program. Chances are they deal with people who are in desperate need of their services. An Jones goes on national TV stating the reason he entered was for business concerns.

Wouldnt be surprised if the program drops him because of this.

I wish it could have been a live interview versus here's a list of questions the ufc approved you to ask and I'll answer them according to how I was told to and then it will get edited it to make sure everything looks real and make sure nothing incriminating was said or done, then hopefully it all blows over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back