Jon Jones out of rehab

It was all for show.

Got caught doing the odd line and now it's rehab cause if you've taken drugs you need rehab to prove you're now clean.

He'll be back doing lines whenever he wants.

That is why he is the p4p#1 fighter in the world. He finished rehab in 1 day which takes 27 days for a normal coke head.

I hope this PR stunt blows up in his face. Doesn't the UFC have some sort of code of conduct policy? I'm pretty sure that most people that test positive for drugs get fired from there jobs. Not even some sort of suspension or fine? What a joke.

It was just a PR move to cover up his T:E ratios that indicated exogenous testosterone use. They masterfully switched it up to prevent an uproar.

He will get himself killed if he does nto change his behavior.

How so? It seems to be his behavior has led him to be a a champion and wildly successful.

A young, successful dude does coke and you think he's going to die?

That's likely not the case.

He's just a young dude doing what successful young dudes do: Party.

Within a month he is most likely arrested for a DUI or something really silly. Then you will hear all the 'it was a wake up call' crap. His mother said it was a 'blessing from god' that he tested positive. Really? What kind of stupid crap is this. If 'God' was watching your family he never would of taken drugs or been in that position to begin with.

Complete joke and the UFC should be more engaged in the fighters well being.

Jon Jones is such a prodigy that he defeated his addiction with only one day experience.

science.gif

Jones is most likely a non-addicted recreational user. He will probably agree to extra testing leading up to the next fight or something like that, and pass with no issues. That's what he should do, anyway.

I doubt he even went to rehab, probably just stayed in his house for a night so the media doesn't see him.

Last edited:
Just confirming that the whole ''rehab'' thing was all a PR move.

I think it was obvious from the very beginning. He couldnt have a real addiction problem and still compete at the highest level.

Can you even do a rehab that fast? Wasn't it supposed to be 27 days or so?

That's pretty much like me curing a hangover and calling it rehab.

Extremely common. They are referred to a Detoxification center ofter residing within rehabilitation facilities hence they are often interchanged.

This does bring up an interesting point however. Cocaine detoxification is NOTHING like other habit forming drugs such as Alcohol, Opiates & pain killers.

These dangerous drugs to detoxify require slow come downs for severely addicted users.

I have never heard of a single case, and am almost positive that nobody has ever died from cold turkey cocaine discontinuance.

The addictive "desire" to do cocaine is (believe it or not) called "Jonesing".

The "Jones" takes less than 48 hours yo pass.

- It does suggest however that Jon has had a relapse, and has done coke again after the fight!:eek:

Soooo this rehab thing was all bullshit. Nice. Another reason to hate that faker.

If the UFC really cared about Jon Jones' career and health they would use their code of conduct clause to suspend him until he completes a full rehab program.

They won't obviously and that leads me to believe that the UFC was instrumental in setting up this PR stunt along with Jon's handlers.

I don't really care that he does or did do coke. I just don't want to see these luxury drug issues become normal because Jones got slapped on the wrist for it.

MMA is supposed to be about the fights and competition. We don't need the extra drama dragging it down. If the UFC doesn't take a firm stance on it now, they will just leave the door open for more headlines about out of competition use.

I think most fans can agree that things were better when the party drug use was just behind the scene rumors instead of full blown confirmation and PR rehab stories. MMA, via Jon Jones has gone reality TV stupid overnight. The sport was never pure, but it wasn't threatening to become the "real fighters of MMA" either.

Make it go away Dana and company!

Back