Jon Jones On People Calling Him Out & Going To Bellator

As in any of that is a bad thing:

6fv5o7.png

Get rekt wage slave.

[DW]What the fucking fuck fucker?[/DW]

According to Dana, jones is holding out for a different opponent! If you believe Dana he's not holding out for $$ which would make the money talk irrelevant

[DW]What the fucking fuck fucker?[/DW]

lol, was reading some thread on another forum then saw that guys post and thought it would be funny.

The guy who posted that image literally wrote a small novel on how much better his life is in his 30s living with his mom vs being a "wage slave".

Jon Jones isn't going anywhere he has 5 fights left on his contract.

People telling him to "get it over with already" in regards to signing a contract have never worked anywhere where you sign a contract and actually negotiate over your pay. These things take time, and two sides sit down, and you know, NEGOTIATE over the contract deal. I'm currently at a job where I actually had to sign a contract and negotiate over my annual salary and what my duties would involve/not involve and what I would be/would not be willing to do. Jones has a lot of leverage coming into this new deal:

-Current LHW champion
-Longest reigning champion on the active roster[7 total defenses and 8 victories in title fights]
-Youngest ever UFC champion
-Longest reigning LHW champion in UFC history
-First UFC fighter signed to a MAJOR sponsor world wide[Nike]
-First UFC fighter to actually be sponsored by the UFC itself
-Cover athlete of the latest UFC video game.
-Is key in the UFC's campaign to legalize MMA in the state of NY[having a prominant fighter, not to mention a champion from there helps this a lot]
-Is a very good person for them on the PR circuit.[He is well liked by the ESPN people, and is always on the talk show circuit when his fights come up. GMA, Live with Kelly and Michael, etc...]

So yea, I can see why contract negotiations are taking a little bit. He's bringing a lot to the table. I wouldn't be shocked if he became the UFC's first 7 figure per fight fighter[excluding post fight bonuses, and win bonuses]

I agree with what you said on the negotiations side, but I can't see jones being the 1st fighter with a 7 figure paycheck. 500k / 600k a fight max is how I see it.

lol, was reading some thread on another forum then saw that guys post and thought it would be funny.

The guy who posted that image literally wrote a small novel on how much better his life is in his 30s living with his mom vs being a "wage slave".
That image could be seen as racist, regarding the Jew comments within it.

People telling him to "get it over with already" in regards to signing a contract have never worked anywhere where you sign a contract and actually negotiate over your pay. These things take time, and two sides sit down, and you know, NEGOTIATE over the contract deal. I'm currently at a job where I actually had to sign a contract and negotiate over my annual salary and what my duties would involve/not involve and what I would be/would not be willing to do. Jones has a lot of leverage coming into this new deal:

-Current LHW champion
-Longest reigning champion on the active roster[7 total defenses and 8 victories in title fights]
-Youngest ever UFC champion
-Longest reigning LHW champion in UFC history
-First UFC fighter signed to a MAJOR sponsor world wide[Nike]
-First UFC fighter to actually be sponsored by the UFC itself
-Cover athlete of the latest UFC video game.
-Is key in the UFC's campaign to legalize MMA in the state of NY[having a prominant fighter, not to mention a champion from there helps this a lot]
-Is a very good person for them on the PR circuit.[He is well liked by the ESPN people, and is always on the talk show circuit when his fights come up. GMA, Live with Kelly and Michael, etc...]

So yea, I can see why contract negotiations are taking a little bit. He's bringing a lot to the table. I wouldn't be shocked if he became the UFC's first 7 figure per fight fighter[excluding post fight bonuses, and win bonuses]

wow, jon jones needs the ufc more than they need him. Hes a douche the only reason he is popular is because he is the champ in the ufc lhw division. He can go to bellator and almost no one will watch. He isnt nearly likable enough or beloved enough to be a draw no matter what promotion he is in. Oh and btw hes ducking gus :icon_chee

That image could be seen as racist, regarding the Jew comments within it.

Yeah I didnt notice that until I posted it.

If its bad I hope it gets deleted. I didn't mean to post it in any harmful way or any racist or bigotry purposes.

I have dubs otherwise I would have taken it down myself. Def didn't post it for that purpose whatsoever.

Jon Jones isn't going anywhere he has 5 fights left on his contract.

A hundred odd posts before this little factoid finally appears.

This entire thread is filled with arguments about money, but Jones has not made any comment about money. This is about not wanting to fight Gus. Jones has said it. The UFC has said it.

I agree with what you said on the negotiations side, but I can't see jones being the 1st fighter with a 7 figure paycheck. 500k / 600k a fight max is how I see it.

Many fighters already receive 7 figure paychecks Jones included. UFC has already proved that on many occasions as well as fighters clearly stating it. UFC already produced a paystub for Randy Couture that was 7 figures for 1 fight. GSP has said UFC pays him 4-5 million a fight. That 7 figure mark was passed a long time ago.

Just saw that image in a thread on board while I read your post. Some 30 something guy had made a huge thread on him never working a day in his life and it being perfect.

Was just a joke image I wished I finished reading before posting.

As in any of that is a bad thing:

6fv5o7.png

Get rekt wage slave.

Or we work because we like to own things and have children! I have a contracting business. Sometimes I work more the 40 a week. I still have time to learn try new things and I have money to do them.

You build a strawman and a silly one at that.

some of you fanboys would for sure suck your favorite fighters off lol not that there's anything wrong with that

Back