Jon Jones On People Calling Him Out & Going To Bellator

Ducked rashad, ducked chael, ducked Gus. See a pattern yet?

Who are guys Jon Jones has beaten?

images

I hate twitter language.

So what happens if the UFC decides to drop Bones and had Cormier vs. Gus for the title? You forget that UFC is pretty good at making something out of nothing....

Actually they're really bad at that.

who knows we may see tito vs jones!

Look at the card Weidman will be on.

Weidman will be on the most stacked card of this year and sharing it with arguably the largest current champion draw (Rousey)

GTFO. Jones is a high draw for the current MMA landscape.

No shit, but please read my entire post.

47% of sherdoggers have not finished high school
83% of sherdoggers work for minimum wage
62% of sherdoggers live with their parents

As in any of that is a bad thing:

6fv5o7.png

Get rekt wage slave.

it seems to me that the ufc is the one fumbling things and jones is the scapegoat.

Not a ppv draw = ufc doesn't know how to market
canceled a ppv = ufc needs to put alternate opponents into the contract
current fiasco = ufc should have a fight agreement before announcing a fight.

agreed!

This whole thing will get worked out in the next few weeks and he will be fighting either Gus or DC in the fall most likely..

What about Jones's opinion? He's going to duck Gus forever.
Jones opinion on who he fights is more important than any MMA fan as well.

Ducking seems to be a buzz word here in Sherdog used primarily by haters.

People telling him to "get it over with already" in regards to signing a contract have never worked anywhere where you sign a contract and actually negotiate over your pay. These things take time, and two sides sit down, and you know, NEGOTIATE over the contract deal. I'm currently at a job where I actually had to sign a contract and negotiate over my annual salary and what my duties would involve/not involve and what I would be/would not be willing to do. Jones has a lot of leverage coming into this new deal:

-Current LHW champion
-Longest reigning champion on the active roster[7 total defenses and 8 victories in title fights]
-Youngest ever UFC champion
-Longest reigning LHW champion in UFC history
-First UFC fighter signed to a MAJOR sponsor world wide[Nike]
-First UFC fighter to actually be sponsored by the UFC itself
-Cover athlete of the latest UFC video game.
-Is key in the UFC's campaign to legalize MMA in the state of NY[having a prominant fighter, not to mention a champion from there helps this a lot]
-Is a very good person for them on the PR circuit.[He is well liked by the ESPN people, and is always on the talk show circuit when his fights come up. GMA, Live with Kelly and Michael, etc...]

So yea, I can see why contract negotiations are taking a little bit. He's bringing a lot to the table. I wouldn't be shocked if he became the UFC's first 7 figure per fight fighter[excluding post fight bonuses, and win bonuses]

You made some solid points, but lost it when mentioned the NY.

Hw makes, literally no difference.

Back