Jon Jones on Khabibs ground game

Yeah you tell him TS sure what would this Jon Jones guy know about MMA anyway right???
Bones has skills and knows mma, but apparently doesnt know khabibs early career. He was 2 time russian sambo champ and 2 time world sambo champ. Lots of subs there. He has won 8 mma fights by sub as well. His triangle is nasty, so he has subs. Not sure if he would be a black belt in bjj, since he doesnt train bjj, but his sambo is top notch, and seems bkack belt level.

Last edited:
You can know about mma , but he doesnt seem to know as much about Khabib's background and grappling credentials
tenor.gif

Your talking about Jon Jones here TS whos quite possibly the best fighter that ever lived pigeon brain, not some keyboard warrior giving his worthless opinion.

Khabib ground game is better then Jon's.

khabib has been training judo since he was in diapers. what's he need to train bjj for? it's the same shit

Khabib ground game is better then Jon's.
Jon utilizes his grappling way better though.
Jon's subs prove to be better at the high level, Jon's elbows are way more brutal than any of the Khabib's GnP, and he fought better competition as well.

I agree with this. If Khabib stops his TD after already ducking under a jab and being at the hips to throw an uppercut to the knee he will get slept.
Circle towards the left and then freeze and squat to threaten the TD. This is more real than reality.

Last edited:
67571434.jpg

I've always thought the same thing about high level wrestlers too. They seem to focus more on becoming proficient strikers but like Jon said if you're a black belt at getting a fight to the ground why not learn to finish it from there.

Konnor has no answer for khabibs ground game no one does lol

I can't watch the video, which PEDs did Jone recommend?

When Conor touches that chin = khbabib will be seeing 100 little virgins

i remember jones getting salty when his jitz was qurstioned, saying that the other person hadnt seen his jitz game to comment

anyway, this is just a anti DC comment

I disagree with Jones. Going for submissions would create openings for his opponent that would put him in bad situations he doesn't need to be in and can avoid. The GNP strategy has worked for him thus far I don't see him focusing on BJJ helping him but hurting him as weird as that sounds. Khabib fights like a Cain Velasquez at LW. you never saw Cain go for submissions its just not him. Same with Khabib. He could probably do it and get submission wins easily but there just hasn't been a reason to.

A wrestlers mentality is to never be on ones back and go for submissions. It's just a clash of styles and mentality.

His game is all about positioning. Even putting hooks in to go for a choke would create an opening for his opponent to reverse.

Last edited:
Back