Media Jon Jones offers to help Bobby Knuckles prepare for Izzy

Maybe not though. Sure Dana would give Izzy a TS if he moved up. It would sell more PPVS than Santos, Walker and Luke imo.

Tbh, though... When I first saw Adesanya I thought he looked like a string bean that should probably fight at WW. Could you imagine him at 205? LOL. But he’s shown to be a string bean that can fight. It’s been fun to watch him since he joined the UFC. I like him.

I love when someone pisses Jones off
He doubles down on them hard

His face should be in the dictionary under the word Sociopath
You might want to look up the definition of sociopath

Jon is right. I am guessing there's a reason UFC steered him to a title shot without ever fighting Jacare, Romero, or Weidman.

Training in the same room as that cheat will have you Pulsing and Pissing hot.

Don’t do it Bobby!!

If Adesanya trains with the great overlord Artem it won’t matter. Artem trained with the best striker and most succesful fighter in mma history Conor Mcgregor. Imagine if Artem took young Israel under his wing.

Gotta be pretty small to fit under that wing.

Bobby's doing just fine without the eyepokes, roids and knees to the balls

Pretty funny that a few months ago Israel said Jones wants to fight him soon before Israel developes more in the ufc.

Jones is still going on about him, and now wants to help his opponent lol...Interesting stuff. Maybe a touch of truth ?

I honestly don't think Jones is worried about fighting him but I do think Jones has realized just how many people dont give two shits about a multiple time drug cheat.

Must be sad knowing that despite beating him twice a third dc fight would still garner more attention than beating up on middleweights. Poor guy. But at least Izzy is a popular Mw.

He might get some attention back with that fight. Be pretty much the only ppv id buy with Jones anyhow. Smart

TS says Jones is the closest style to Izzy?

Does TS even watch MMA?

<36>

It’s all scripted. I wonder who writes all these storylines?

Jones/Israel July 2020.

Bump in a year.

TS says Jones is the closest style to Izzy?

Does TS even watch MMA?

<36>
Exact height, lanky, throwing kicks, punches, elbows and knees from different angles. Spamming leg and body kicks setting up for head kicks. Unorthodox style has been used to describe both fighters. So tell me brainiac who is closest? If you say Silva or someone else you clearly dont watch MMA.

Whittaker called Jones out, but now Jones wants to be buddy buddy.

Just like he was buddy buddy with Silva back when there was interest in those two fighting

Whittaker called Jones out, but now Jones wants to be buddy buddy.

Just like he was buddy buddy with Silva back when there was interest in those two fighting
Jones ducking Whittaker confirmed. He saw what he did to his indestructible buddy Yoel and wants no part. In fact its a smoke screen so he can learn from Bobby.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/ufc/jo...a/news-story/46896235f52fed2d08a1910b0ff537ec
Jon Jones is not quite convinced by Israel Adesanya.
So, the UFC light heavyweight champion is backing Rob Whittaker to take out a much-anticipated — but still unofficial — 185-pound title unification bout with the Nigerian-born Kiwi, and is willing to lend a helping hand if required.

Jones himself has gone back-and-forth with Adesanya on social media; sparking speculation that a fight between two of the most exciting mixed martial artists might happen at some point down the line.

But the UFC megastar isn’t so sure it would be a genuine test.

“I think he’s [Adesanya] done good,” Jones told foxsports.com.au. “But I’m no Kelvin Gastelum. I’m a lot different to Kelvin Gastelum and if Kelvin can come that close to beating him, I’m not too worried about him.”

Adesanya is coming off a decision win over Gastelum in April; a five-round war that saw him pushed further than he ever had been in the Octagon.

The win saw Adesanya handed the interim middleweight belt, and set him up for a fight with current champion Whittaker; a match-up Jones says he wants to help the Aussie prepare for.

“I’m taking Robert Whittaker,” Jones said of the fight expected to take place later in 2019.

“I think he’s the more versatile fighter and I feel like Israel was definitely exposed by Gastelum. He showed that he can be touched by a guy with much shorter reach — a guy that didn’t grow up kickboxing put him through a kickboxing clinic, you know.

“So, I believe that Whittaker can win the fight, and if Whittaker needs help training for the fight, I’d love to help him.”

Now thats pretty interesting. Bobby should take the offer imo. PEDs or not Jones is probably the closest style to Izzy. What say Sherdog?
Jones wouldn't be talking about him or pay him this much attention if he didn't see him as a potential threat down the road. Which on his current trajectory, stylistically he very much will be.

He's the only guy in all of mma who would almost certainly out strike jones on the feet and that includes hw. He does everything Jon does but far more polished.

Deep down jones knows this too.

Now his wrestling and grappling has to come a long way to overcome what jones brings to the table but without a doubt I also see him as a threat down the line. Particularly as he will prob peak within a year or two and Jones may be slightly declining.

To me that's one of the more interesting style opponents jones has in mma at the moment, assuming he becomes champ and continues to evolve which is looking like a strong likelihood.

Not that anyone should sleep on Whittaker. I think he's outmatched on the feet but I wouldn't sleep on his wrestling, grappling and ability to mix it up and keep him guessing. Stylistically it's a good fight for Israel but it's really a coin flip. Whittaker is no joke. Depends how much his injuries affected him I suppose

Jones ducking Whittaker confirmed. He saw what he did to his indestructible buddy Yoel and wants no part. In fact its a smoke screen so he can learn from Bobby.
I don't see what Bobby has for jones on the feet at all. He'd be heavily outmatched there and isn't getting him down either

Bad style matchup for him

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back