News Jon Jones not in the top three P4P

If this is what it takes to motivate him to come back, I'm all for it. And it makes sense to reward active fighters anyway.

That said, Jones is the p4p GOAT. That's all there is to it.

If this is what it takes to motivate him to come back, I'm all for it. And it makes sense to reward active fighters anyway.

That said, Jones is the p4p GOAT. That's all there is to it.
nah

PED cheats can’t be GOATs, they don’t play the same field, every sports fan knows this except for delusional MMA fans

nah

PED cheats can’t be GOATs, they don’t play the same field, every sports fan knows this except for delusional MMA fans
What "every sport fan knows" is meaningless cause most people are goofy followers with no thinking behind their opinions.

To me, with all the GOAT contenders like Silva and JBJ, everything pre-July 2015 is a wash. Machida, OSP, Bonnar, Sonnen, Vitor, Hendo, Irvin, Marquardt, Leben - names who've fought Andy Silva and Jones all popped. And those are just the ones we know for sure. Rampage never popped, despite straight up admitting to being on TRT vs Bader: https://web.archive.org/web/2013052...-he-used-testosterone-therapy-for-bader-fight

Everything post-USADA is a legit problem, but JJ's only clear pop was vs DC and if you think anyone can make it to the Olympics being clean - I gotta bridge on Mars I can sell you. Add to it, DC was also perfectly willing to leave Stipe in darkness for the rest of his life just to get the HW belt. So selfish cheating isn't above him in any way.

All the significant pre USADA champ reigns are in fact MORE impressive to me cause while there was no USADA to fuck with you, there was also no USADA to protect you from others and their limitless chemical warfare.

So, it's not as clear cut for me. If you pop now after USADA, especially years after the transitioning phase, then it's a smudge on your resume for sure, but I don't discount the achievements that came before it, and only frown slightly at the mess ups during the 2015-2017 rebuild.

Even more fuckery surrounding p4p make-believe rankings....... How is Izzy ranked higher then Jan?

He's pfp number 1 GOAT, which is the only ranking that counts.

Lol anyone who believes Izzy, volk or kamel are higher in the goat or p4p status overall are on drugs. Jon hasn't fought in forever. He shouldn't even be ranked in this list
Actually, it's Jones who is on drugs, performance enhancing AND recreational.

Love the irony

I see Marty and Volk. But he should be ranked above Izzy who couldn't even beat the gatekeeper in Jones's old division.

Number one bullshit.

Jones shouldn't be #4.
He's a mediocre fighter without steroids. His bouts against Reyes and Santos proved that.

retired fighters shouldn't be ranked

i bet nate diaz is top 5 at LW and WW

Who else do you have above poirier?

literally every champion should be ranked ahead of dustin diamond

dustin diamond is one of the most overrated fighters on this board
he's never won a real belt
got wrecked by eduard alvarez and quit
got destroyed by michael johnson
his biggest win is conor who had only one won fight in four years. sorry but that doesn't put you ahead of the actual champ of your division

What "every sport fan knows" is meaningless cause most people are goofy followers with no thinking behind their opinions.

To me, with all the GOAT contenders like Silva and JBJ, everything pre-July 2015 is a wash. Machida, OSP, Bonnar, Sonnen, Vitor, Hendo, Irvin, Marquardt, Leben - names who've fought Andy Silva and Jones all popped. And those are just the ones we know for sure. Rampage never popped, despite straight up admitting to being on TRT vs Bader: https://web.archive.org/web/2013052...-he-used-testosterone-therapy-for-bader-fight

Everything post-USADA is a legit problem, but JJ's only clear pop was vs DC and if you think anyone can make it to the Olympics being clean - I gotta bridge on Mars I can sell you. Add to it, DC was also perfectly willing to leave Stipe in darkness for the rest of his life just to get the HW belt. So selfish cheating isn't above him in any way.

All the significant pre USADA champ reigns are in fact MORE impressive to me cause while there was no USADA to fuck with you, there was also no USADA to protect you from others and their limitless chemical warfare.

So, it's not as clear cut for me. If you pop now after USADA, especially years after the transitioning phase, then it's a smudge on your resume for sure, but I don't discount the achievements that came before it, and only frown slightly at the mess ups during the 2015-2017 rebuild.

Really sound logical thinking, because Olympic athletes use steroids that must mean DC uses steroids in a completely different organization.

Also really sound thinking on the pre USADA wins being worth more, there was no one to protect you from your roiding opponents (for some reason you also can't use steroids in this hypothetical)

His resume is elite.
Holloway x2, McGregor x2, Alvarez, Pettis, Hooker, Gaethje
Mcgregor isn’t impressive. He’s always been mediocre, and when he was good, it was his massive size advantage vs small men, with selective matchmaking and circumstances.

The rest are solid.

Back