Jon Jones moving to HW should be easy.. Squat some weight!

I came to this thread because I knew it would suck and I must say...

it didn't let me down.

OP I'm glad that in this forum your assessment of a professional sport you don't participate in can exist for more than the 10 seconds it would in a real conversation before everyone moved on.

In fairness TS is not talking about whether it's a good idea for JJ to move up, just that squats would help (which is kind of obvious). Reminds me of Tito saying that if he trained his legs he couldn't make LHW.

Are you saying, TS, that JJ would do even better at HW, since he would have stronger legs? That seems awfully leg-obsessed.

Not at all. if anything it would help his LHW fights if he could still cut the weight.

To me he has an obvious disadvantage or should i say a great area to improve in with his leg strength. He should not have failed to take down gustafsson.

He does not have a balanced physique at all. And i'm not saying he needs to be a bodybuilder or anything. But strong legs are very important in all sport.

Not at all. if anything it would help his LHW fights if he could still cut the weight.

To me he has an obvious disadvantage or should i say a great area to improve in with his leg strength. He should not have failed to take down gustafsson.

He does not have a balanced physique at all. And i'm not saying he needs to be a bodybuilder or anything. But strong legs are very important in all sport.

Ah, gotcha. FWIW I'm a skinny dude who can't put up much weight compared to good lifters, but I will say that adding heavy squats changed things quite a bit for me -- I know what you're getting at. I can't help but think that this has been well addressed in Jones' camp though, and that he might share the same issue as Tito.

Back