Jon Jones moving to HW should be easy.. Squat some weight!

gzawilliam

White Belt
Reaction score
All the guy needs to do is to actually do some weight training for his legs. They are so damn skinny it must be detrimental to his game.

If he actually added some good muscle to those things he would be up at 220lbs lean easily.. I think he lacked strength in his legs with wrestling vs the mauler.

Gusta was targeting his lower legs with kicks early which to me was a sign that he realized JBJ's skinny legs as a fault in the champs armor. Glover would of watched this and paid notice.

Thoughts?

If I'm the UFC, I'm hoping to keep Jones at LHW if he can comfortably keep making the weight.

It's good to spread around your top guys, having a superstar dominant guy in each division.

Why are you talking about him moving up to HW when he just barely won a fight at LHW 2 days ago?

HW's take hard punches and throw hard punches, Bones wants nothing of that.

I'd like to see Jones vs Barry.

See how he fairs with the lower ranked guys.

Actualy he should do calf rasies

Cain is a much more natural HW than Jones and could probably ragdoll him, JDS is a more powerful Gus minus some of the speed and footwork, I don't like his chance against even a guy like Josh Barnett.

All the guy needs to do is to actually do some weight training for his legs. They are so damn skinny it must be detrimental to his game.

If he actually added some good muscle to those things he would be up at 220lbs lean easily.. I think he lacked strength in his legs with wrestling vs the mauler.

Gusta was targeting his lower legs with kicks early which to me was a sign that he realized JBJ's skinny legs as a fault in the champs armor. Glover would of watched this and paid notice.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? While far from the dumbest I've seen on here, it's still a stupid idea. Gus just proved that Jones has not cleaned on the division. Getting bigger and challenging someone like Cain or JDS would be moronic. Jones got a cut above his eye as well as the other one swollen shut and here you are talking about the leg kicks he took? I'm sorry but if anything Alex should be proud of is his boxing and wrestling , not the leg kicks. Those two aspect are what came close to winning this fight.

Thoughts?

He's already over 220 before he cuts weight.

I see the butthurt is still strong in the haters :p

Jones is a 205er for a reason - because he is greatest champ there ever was in UFC LHW history. He's the consensus #1 MMA fighter in the world at the weight. I think he is doing just fine at LHW!

deal with it

Jon should stay away from HW for now.....he still has a few more fights at LHW

HW's take hard punches and throw hard punches, Bones wants nothing of that.

I'd like to see Jones vs Barry.

See how he fairs with the lower ranked guys.

He would destroy Barry...
takedown, sub in less than 1 minute. Give him someone like Schaub at least.

In fairness TS is not talking about whether it's a good idea for JJ to move up, just that squats would help (which is kind of obvious). Reminds me of Tito saying that if he trained his legs he couldn't make LHW.

Are you saying, TS, that JJ would do even better at HW, since he would have stronger legs? That seems awfully leg-obsessed.

this dude squats and dead lifts SERIOUS weight, check youtube

Cain is a much more natural HW than Jones and could probably ragdoll him, JDS is a more powerful Gus minus some of the speed and footwork, I don't like his chance against even a guy like Josh Barnett.

Oh i agree completely. but it would be stupid to throw him into a big fight in HW straight away. He will need to move up gradually no doubt. Fights against bigger mature bodied lower tier fighters not against bloody JDS and Cain.

And yes gustafsson made jones look a bit amateur with his boxing. Jones is only young he will improve like he always shows he does. I think its natural he will move up in weight. maybe not now as there are fighters like gustafsson and Glover to fight. But sooner or later he will need to move up the division to challenge himself.

I just think he's missing a trick and possibly showing a failing in not building his leg strength and size to keep the dominance he has going. His wrestling will suffer like it did against gustafsson because he just didnt have the same advantage in size that he did before in other fights. If he had a stronger base below like most wrestlers do he would of dumped gustafsson each time. Instead he looked weak trying to power through his takedowns. Just my thoughts.

Awaiting the usual sherdog stupid post response

That clean bulk. Eat about 500 cals above maintenance, lift heavy, switch to heavyweight in 2 years.

this dude squats and dead lifts SERIOUS weight, check youtube

Really? link me up...

All ive seen is him deadlift 100kg for reps on youtube. which is probably not for strength as if it is i know women who warm up with more.

Back