Jon Jones megathread

He needs to stay away from drugs and alcohol. He needs people around him to watch over him when he does drink to keep him out of trouble. Lots of money on the line if he screws up, which he just did. He needs people around him preventing all of this. Him being on his own at 5:30am under the influence in Vegas, people should've been around him to keep him out of trouble. Especially with all his fight plans at HW and new increase in pay, etc.

He needs to stay away from drugs and alcohol. He needs people around him to watch over him when he does drink to keep him out of trouble. Lots of money on the line if he screws up, which he just did. He needs people around him preventing all of this. Him being on his own at 5:30am under the influence in Vegas, people should've been around him to keep him out of trouble. Especially with all his fight plans at HW and new increase in pay, etc.

While most would respect your opinion as I do, thinking a grown man should be babysat 24/7 just sounds weird and a bit ridiculous. No disrespect, just saying. That's not an option.

Jon has Jesus on his side.

ya it will happen. sociopaths gonna do as they gonna do - no truer way to put it

Is it wrong that I think we have a decent chance of Conor getting into it with Jones at a club one of these years and the fight being filmed?

Anybody else would have been cut. Will jon even fight in the ufc ever again?

He hasn't even been convicted yet. If there's a domestic call, they have to arrest someone. It's protocol. 99% of the time, the male gets booked.

Wait it out, Sherbros.
Which is bullshit.

No, smashing into a pole with a couple college girls in the back was the first one. He smashed into the pregnant lady a couple years later.
And that was something like one month after he peacocked in the press bragging that he would never get a DUI like other fighters at the time because it reflected poorly on the UFC. He contemptuously mocked those fighters who had.

Then, blam!!! He plows the Porsche that Dana gifted to him into a telephone pole while inebriated.

It's ironic considering how much he tries to talk about Jesus whenever he wants to rehab his public image. The only people Jesus despised were tax collectors at church...and hypocrites.

Which is bullshit.

Yep. She could've damaged the car herself. We don't know. With his size, history, and profession, it's almost guaranteed he's goin every time. Even if he wasn't black.

And that was something like one month after he peacocked in the press bragging that he would never get a DUI like other fighters at the time because it reflected poorly on the UFC. He contemptuously mocked those fighters who had.

Then, blam!!! He plows the Porsche that Dana gifted to him into a telephone pole while inebriated.

It's ironic considering how much he tries to talk about Jesus whenever he wants to rehab his public image. The only people Jesus despised were tax collectors at church...and hypocrites.

Bentley*

I know Jon Jones is someone thos forum always loves to hate but I've been a fan since the beginning. To me he is the undisputed GOAT and the quality of his resume is second to none.

But boy oh boy is he a totally fuckup out of the cage.

When you get into so many legal problems at some point you habe to admit this is just who you are. JJ is a trouble magnet. No matter how hard he tries he will eventually f it up.

The only question is what will become of him when he no longer has fighting to fall back on? When nobody no longer cares about him and he can't make millions?

I think its gonna be ugly. Maybe even worse than Mayhem and BJ Penn.

What u guys think?
Why do you think he will wait until retirement? He is close enough already.

Always been a huge fan and have defended him a lot in the past but my god man why can’t you just stop already.

I predict that he'll get sloppy with his PEDs, get caught and his career will spiral down.

Jones has been on that spiral for the last 5+ years. He's able to put forth a better public face than BJ and Mayhem because he's significantly smarter than them (and he has a more structured mma team). But he's smart in a sociopathic kind of way, which makes me wonder if he'll actually end up doing something much worse than BJ or Mayhem.

Back