Jon Jones & Manchester United

mental mickey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
As a football/soccer fan in England I have noticed a similarity in the constant resentment, envy and loathing towards Jon Jones, and the way that Manchester United were/are hated by rival fans and many neutrals on this side of the pond.

There is a term in England, ( and I'd like to coin the equivalent term for Jones' detractors ) it is ABU's..Anyone But United. It was term that came to be since the early 90's when Manchester United became the most dominant force in the history of English football. Fans of rival teams developed a loathing towards United and their success, to the point that at the beginning of each season you could ask any fan 'who do you want to see win the League this year?' And the reply would often be 'Anyone but united'.. Also the excuses as to why they were dominant would be 'it's because they've got a bigger stadium' 'they buy the best players' 'the refs are on their side' etc etc

It's appears very similar to the way many mma fans will hop aboard the bandwagon of whoever is next to fight Jones, in blind hope that they will be the one to end this period of utter dominance. We also see the same desperate attempts to find reasons as to why he's so successful 'he's too big' 'he pokes people in the eyes' 'he fights washed up fighters'

So, as I stated I would like to coin the term for these people, ABJ's.. Anyone But Jones

Last edited:
The reason I can't stand Man U is because of the fans not the team itslef. Let me guess you are not from Manchester and have never lived in Manchester. Typical of most glory hunting Man U fans. A shame your team is a shell of its former self lol.

The reason I can't stand Man U is because of the fans not the team itslef. Let me guess you are not from Manchester and have never lived in Manchester. Typical of most glory hunting Man U fans. A shame your team is a shell of its former self lol.

I lived in Sale until I was 9. And who said that I'm a Manchester United fan. It was an observation. Relax

And for arguments sake, let's say I am a United fan, do you not contradict yourself in your last 2 sentences?

Does Jon Jones have a manager who likes to cheat as well?

You should let FIFA know..and CONCACAF too, seeing as that's who the U.S are a part of

[YT]okMN4A6FnA8[/YT]

safrjy5w.gif

#Fergie4lyfe

Fair enough.

I'd also like to offer a term, a term for Jon Jones "fans"/trolls who will never get over the fact that no matter what Jon Jones does, he will never be as beloved as past greats (let alone acknowledged as the GOAT)-thus leading to endless threads of:

NOT FAIR GUYZ JON JOES GOAT HE SO GUD RELY NOT FAIR U GUYS HE BETE SHOGUN N HAEV WHITE GIRLFREND SO U HATE HIM STOP ALREDY REL SRS BIZNES NAO!!!1

These posters/trolls/whathaveyou will from now on be collectively known as "Jonestown"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

I loathe Manchester Ynited because of the glory hunting half-wit and who refer to them as "we" or "us". This despite the fact that most have never been to a match or even been to Manchester at all.

My brother, brother-in-law and a significant number of friends are Man Utd fans even though they all live and grew up in Newcastle (I know this would be a good reason for anyone to look for a new team to support but whatever). Every one one of them will give you a very specific reason why they support Man Utd instead of their local team but they're mistly very tenuous or BS.

Strangely, they've all gone very silent recently.

Anyway....fuck Wendyball and everyone involved and their stupid fans!

Back